Always on VPN

Jay S

Sep 17, 2022, 10:17:10 AM9/17/22
to LUNI - Linux Users Of Northern Illinois (Chicago) - Technical Discussion
Hi, I have Xfinity. I use their wifi router.

I'd like to use a VPN for all my traffic on the devices connecting to the router (i.e. the inside side).

      *** Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to do this?

So far, I keep running into, setup a dd-wrt (or tomato) type device - like:
home devices <-> dd-wrt <-> Xfinity router <-> world

and then on the dd-wrt run something like NordVPN, or openVPN and attach to someones VPN server.

Thanks
Jay

Arun Khan

Sep 17, 2022, 2:24:38 PM9/17/22
to luni-c...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Sep 17, 2022 at 7:17 AM Jay S <m...@heyjay.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have Xfinity. I use their wifi router.
>
> I'd like to use a VPN for all my traffic on the devices connecting to the router (i.e. the inside side).
>
> *** Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to do this?
>
> So far, I keep running into, setup a dd-wrt (or tomato) type device - like:
> home devices <-> dd-wrt <-> Xfinity router <-> world

IMO, this would be the fastest setup. Suggest OpenWRT; it has a
large number of network connectivity packages. (I have not used
dd-wrt)

--
Arun Khan