Re: CALA Happy Hour No Aug7th

Ke Yuan

Aug 6, 2020, 9:10:07 PM8/6/20
to lunginte...@googlegroups.com
Dear CALA member,
Due to the conflict of ATS 2020, we are NOT going to host a seminar tomorrow, Aug 7th.

Please mark your calendar for the next webinar, which will be Aug 28th,
Title: Targeting CBLB as an Effective Approach to Boost TFH Responses Against Influenza A Virus Infection
Presenter:
Jian Zhang, M.D.
Professor of Pathology
Endowed Chair in Immunology Research
University of Iowa Health Care Distinguished Scholar
Department of Pathology
The University of Iowa

Look forward to meeting everyone on Aug 28th.

CALA

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020, Ke Yuan <yuank...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear CALA member,
Due to the conflict of ATS 2020, we are NOT going to host a seminar this Friday, Aug 7th.

Please mark your calendar for the next webinar, which will be Aug 28th,
Title: Targeting CBLB as an Effective Approach to Boost TFH Responses Against Influenza A Virus Infection
Presenter:
Jian Zhang, M.D.
Professor of Pathology
Endowed Chair in Immunology Research
University of Iowa Health Care Distinguished Scholar
Department of Pathology
The University of Iowa

Look forward to meeting everyone on Aug 28th.

CALA

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 7:09 PM Ke Yuan <yuank...@gmail.com> wrote:
2020 CALA Happy Friday Seminar
July 31st , 2020
Zoom Link:
Time: EST 10:30 am; PST: 7:30 am; Beijing time: 10:30 pm

Title: Supraglottic Lung Microbiome Taxa and Pulmonary Abnormalities in an HIV Longitudinal Cohort
Jin Zhou PhD
Associate Professor
Epidemiology & Biostatistics Department
University of Arizona

Abstract: Human immunodeficiency virus-1 infection (HIV) increases risk of non-infectious pulmonary complications. We hypothesize that an altered lung microbiome is associated with lung inflammation and evidence of lung disease. We examined the association between lung microbiome, lung function and pulmonary inflammation longitudinally in an HIV infected population before and after antiretroviral treatment (ART). We further characterized the dynamics of two distinct lung microbiome pneumotypes over time after starting ART. Thirty patients with a diagnosis of HIV and relatively advanced disease were followed in up to three visits for a maximum of three years after starting ART. At each visit, we performed pulmonary function test (PFT) and bronchoscopy with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) collection. The genus-level taxa were divided into two pneumotypes: supraglottic predominant (pneumotypeSPT) or background predominant (pneumotypeBPT) taxa. Weighted Spearman was used to identify genus-level taxa significantly correlated with lung function and inflammatory markers. Among eight genera that had significant positive correlations with inflammatory chemokine/cytokine levels in BAL (i.e., interleukin-8, inducible protein-10, monokine induced by IFN-γ, and interleukin-6), five were pneumotypeSPT. Subjects with higher SPT/BPT ratios had higher levels of inflammation. The presence of SPT taxa was associated with worse pulmonary function.  Previously defined BPT and SPT microbial taxa had different effect on inflammation markers and lung function in an HIV positive population. The complex lung function-microbiome-inflammatory network suggests that lung microbiome may play a critical role in modulating lung function of HIV infected individuals.

Stay safe and see you this Friday.

CALA

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 9:38 AM Ke Yuan <yuank...@gmail.com> wrote:
2020 CALA Annual Meeting
July 24th, 2020

Join Zoom Meeting: https://arizona.zoom.us/j/97032505774 (Password: 654321)
Time: EST 10:30 am; PST: 7:30 am; Beijing time: 10:30 pm

Agenda
10:35-10:40am: Brief Intro of CALA History by Dr. Dianhua Jiang
10:40-11:15am: CALA 2020 Keynote Talk—moderated by Dianhua Jiang

从不明原因的病毒性肺炎到COVID-19
Dr. Bin Cao
Vice president and Director
Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine at the China-Japan Friendship Hospital in Beijing

11:15-11:30am: CALA Got Talent Show Part 1, hosted by Dr. Ke Yuan
11:30-11:40am: CALA 2019-2020 Activities Summary by Dr. Xiaobo Zhou
11:40-11:45am: CALA 2019-2020 Financial Report by Dr. Yin Chen
11:45-11:50am: CALA Members update (6/2019-7/2020) by Dr. Zhiyu Dai
11:50-12pm: CALA Got Talent Show Part 2, hosted by Dr. Ke Yuan
12pm: Closing remarks by Dr. Xiaobo Zhou

Stay safe and see you soon.
CALA

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 4:44 PM 'Juan Hou' via LungInterestGroup <lunginterestgroup@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Wow, such a packed agenda and seems going to be fun and informative!
Thanks to the CALA committee for your effort to put all these together!

Looking forwards to our annual meeting,

Juan

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 1:19 PM Ke Yuan <yuank...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 2:28 PM Ke Yuan <yuank...@gmail.com> wrote:
1. CALL FOR INPUT

Dear Cala Members,
We are going to have a CALA annual party on July 24th. We would like to recognize the members' achievements in the past year. Please take a few minutes to fill the survey by July 22. Thanks.

https://forms.gle/7rCvXV4XyiCfPNNP6 Or you can reply to my email for these questions:

1. Did you get a promotion or move to a new institute in the past year? Please let us know what position and what institute.

2. Were you awarded a new grant or award? Please let us know the grant title, PI, funding agent and period.

3. Do you have any recent publications to share with our community? Please let us know the PMID or a link to track.
4. Do you have any news to share with our community? We would like to celebrate with you.

2. CALL FOR TALENT

各位朋友,CALA打算在7月24日美东时间10:30am举办CALA Summer Party,现在请各位成员积极报名CALA Talent Show,展示自己学术外的风采,一站成名的好机会!欢迎唱歌,跳舞和其他各类才艺表演,每个节目2-3分钟,也可多人在线表演!  报名截止7月23日
请和Ke积极报名: yuank...@gmail.com
多谢大家对CALA的支持

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 2:21 PM Ke Yuan <yuank...@gmail.com> wrote:
2020 CALA Happy Friday Seminar
July 17h 2020
Zoom Link:

Time: EST 10:30 am; PST: 7:30 am; Beijing time: 10:30 pm

Title: Zinc Metabolic Defect of Aging Alveolar Progenitors in IPF
Dr. Carol Jiurong Liang
Assistant professor
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

Abstract: Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is a fatal form of interstitial lung disease and aging has been identified as a risk factor to the disease. We recently reported that there was a significant loss of alveolar progenitors (AEC2s) in the lungs of patients with IPF. In our current study, we performed single cell RNA-seq of AEC2s from patients with IPF and healthy donors as well as AEC2s from old and young mouse lungs with bleomycin injury. We identified a defect of zinc metabolism in AEC2s from IPF lungs and bleomycin-injured old mouse lungs. We further demonstrated that a specific zinc transporter ZIP8 is associated with AEC2 renewal through sirtuin signaling in aging and in IPF. Targeted deletion of Zip8 in murine AEC2 compartment leads to reduced AEC2 renewal capacity, and impaired AEC2 recovery after bleomycin injury. In summary, we have identified novel metabolic defects of AEC2s during aging and in IPF which contribute to the pathogenesis of lung fibrosis. Therapeutic strategies to restore critical components of these metabolic programs could improve AEC2 progenitor activity and mitigate ongoing fibrogenesis.

Stay safe and see you tomorrow,
CALA

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 2:28 PM Ke Yuan <yuank...@gmail.com> wrote:
CALL FOR TALENT
各位朋友,CALA打算在7月24日美东时间10:30am举办CALA Summer Party,现在请各位成员积极报名CALA Talent Show,展示自己学术外的风采,一站成名的好机会!欢迎唱歌,跳舞和其他各类才艺表演,每个节目2-3分钟,也可多人在线表演!  报名截止7月23日
请和Ke积极报名: yuank...@gmail.com
多谢大家对CALA的支持

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 7:35 AM Ke Yuan <yuank...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please use this link