Fwd: [LUNAR Officers:] Saturday's Launch

Bill Orvis

Jan 3, 2023, 6:30:40 PM1/3/23
to LunarGeneral google

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [LUNAR Officers:] Saturday's Launch
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 15:24:35 -0800
From: William Orvis <or...@compuserve.com>
To: Anthony Cooper <To...@coopers.org>, Jack Hagerty <jhag...@juno.com>
CC: Steve Kendall <tra1...@gmail.com>, Paul Pittenger <ppitt...@gmail.com>, Groups LUNAR <offi...@lunar.org>

That's right 2005

Here are some more pictures of stuck cars.

xhttp://www.lunar.org/gallery/launches5.shtml

Bill

On 1/2/23 9:27 PM, Anthony Cooper wrote:
March 3, 2005 and  Bill had a very busy day!
Tony
            swims with Bill for a Lexus.jpg
Anthony M. Cooper
31120 Chicoine Ave.
Hayward, CA 94544-7432
VP and Membership for lunar.org
Membership for mgscv.org
Cell: 510-589-5292

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 8:47 PM Jack Hagerty <jhag...@juno.com> wrote:

Nope, just a 180.  I was trying to leave and just swapped ends crossing that low, wet spot.  The picture shows you trying to push me back around.

- Jack

Jack Hagerty, LUNAR #0002

http://www.lunar.org

Hotline: (925) 443-8705

"If God had meant us to be a spacefaring race,
He would have given us a moon" -- Krafft Ehricke

Jan 3, 2023, 6:35:20 PM1/3/23
to Anthony Cooper, Jack Hagerty, Steve Kendall, Paul Pittenger, Groups LUNAR, LunarGeneral google

We need to get someone to write a history of LUNAR. I mean, we have been around for over 30 years.  There are so many interesting happenings that current members may not know about. Launches at the Livermore Airshow, at the model airplanes airshow, at camp parks for the Boy scouts, etc. Lots of really fun stuff that we have lots of pictures of. The first launch at Snow Ranch when we thought no one would be willing to drive all the way out here to fly (boy were we wrong).

srkendal

Jan 3, 2023, 7:21:35 PM1/3/23
to Anthony Cooper, Jack Hagerty, lunar-general, Steve Kendall, Paul Pittenger, Groups LUNAR, lunar-general
Well... Jack IS a published author. Just saying...🤣

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Bill Orvis

Jan 4, 2023, 10:00:09 PM1/4/23
to LunarGeneral google

Jan 5, 2023, 2:04:56 AM1/5/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com, Anthony Cooper, Steve Kendall, Paul Pittenger, Groups LUNAR

I’d be happy to write something on the club.  In fact, I did the history that’s on the site which takes us up to somewhere in the mid-oughts.  I can do it once I figure out how to quit this day-job thing.

- Jack

Jack Hagerty, ARA Press

http://www.arapress.com

"The real engineering problems of space travel have been solved since World War II.  Conquering space has long been a matter of money and politics" – Robert Heinlein, The Man Who Sold the Moon

Paul Pittenger

Jan 5, 2023, 12:46:00 PM1/5/23
to Jack Hagerty, lunar-...@googlegroups.com, Anthony Cooper, Steve Kendall, Groups LUNAR
Has an Announce and General list gone out yet?  I have not seen that and someone else was asking me.

Paul

Bill Orvis

Jan 5, 2023, 10:50:13 PM1/5/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com, Jack Hagerty, Anthony Cooper, Steve Kendall, Paul Pittenger, Groups LUNAR

I think this is a really good idea as there are only a few of us left who remember what went on 20 years ago.

Bill

Steve Kendall

Jan 5, 2023, 11:20:06 PM1/5/23
to Bill Orvis, LunarGeneral google, Jack Hagerty, Anthony Cooper, Paul Pittenger, Groups LUNAR
I was there. Which is actually astonishing to me. Can't believe it's been that long, but I guess it has. Wow; I'm suddenly feeling a whole lot older.

-Steve
image001.jpg

Jack Hagerty

Jan 5, 2023, 11:43:12 PM1/5/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, miss the Robertson Park launches!   Many a great launch there including the Evening Magazine one with Mike Rowe and Malau!!

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Anthony Cooper

Jan 6, 2023, 12:19:02 AM1/6/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com

Anthony M. Cooper
31120 Chicoine Ave.
Hayward, CA 94544-7432
VP and Membership for lunar.org
Membership for mgscv.org
Cell: 510-589-5292

srkendal

Jan 6, 2023, 1:04:05 AM1/6/23
to lunar-general
The Piñata rocket!

-Steve

On Jan 5, 2023 at 9:19 PM, Anthony Cooper <to...@coopers.org> wrote:

I like my cut.
https://AMCooper63.quickconnect.to/mo/sharing/AQ3fZpBX8

On Thu, Jan 5, 2023 at 8:43 PM Jamie Clay <jamie...@comcast.net> wrote:

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Jamie Clay

Jan 6, 2023, 1:28:48 AM1/6/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I did edit mine to just feature Gumby - I also included the source video from the rocket as the station didn't manage the levels well with the footage they used.

Anthony Cooper

Jan 6, 2023, 10:28:26 AM1/6/23
to General LUNAR
The only time I launched slim Jim's. Of all the shows we have done, I always point out the Mike is the only one who did his own rocket retrievals.

______________________________________
Anthony M. Cooper
31120 Chicoine Ave.
Hayward, CA 94544-7432
VP and Membership for lunar.org
Membership for mgscv.org
Cell: 510-589-5292

Bill Orvis

Jan 6, 2023, 4:35:44 PM1/6/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com

That shows the Pre-Rebuild of my Saturn 5.

Note that it is still flying.

Bill

William Orvis

Jan 10, 2023, 9:28:38 PM1/10/23
to Paul Pittenger, offi...@lunar.org, LunarGeneral google

Hi,

It is actually coming a little too fast. The ground is saturated so all the current storms are running off into the creeks rather than filling the aquifer. Ideally, what we would prefer is a one day storm and then a week of sunshine to let the grass grow and the water soak into the ground. Then another storm and a week of sunshine. Etc. We never get that though.

Bill

On 1/10/23 11:04 AM, Paul Pittenger wrote:
Hope the storms are replenishing aquifer and refreshing all the streams and springs around Snow Ranch.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 10:39 AM Bill Orvis <or...@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi Guys,

We are definitely rained out again. We can postpone again to the 21st
and see what the storms do.

Bill

Name                    Position                E-MAIL
David Raimondi  President               pres...@lunar.org
Toby Vanderbeek Past President  past...@lunar.org
Toe-Knee Cooper Vice President  v...@lunar.org
Brian Trusz             Secretary               secr...@lunar.org
Sheryl Cooper   Treasurer               trea...@lunar.org
Paul Pittenger  Member-at-Large   bm...@lunar.org
Jack Hagerty    Member-at-Large   bm...@lunar.org
--
----------------------
William Orvis

Jack Hagerty

Feb 18, 2023, 2:35:57 PM2/18/23
to Cliff Sojourner, Officers LUNAR, LUNAR General

Hi all –

Cliff is correct (below).  Next month’s launch marks the 30th anniversary of our first launch as a chartered NAR section in March 1993.  There were two “organizational” launches held by Mark Weiss in September and November 1992, but we weren’t really a club yet.

What do you want to do to mark the occasion?  I can’t put together a “coffee table book” as Cliff suggests, but I do have some really poor VHS footage (which I’ve transferred to DVD) of launches from that period.  None from that first launch, but some from the June, July and August launches that year.  I’ve also got all the other things we’ve done (Sci Squad, Evening Magazine, History Channel, etc.) which I could copy and make available.  For this modern crowd, I suppose I should rip my DVDs and make them available as downloadable files.

- Jack

Jack Hagerty, LUNAR #0002

http://www.lunar.org

Hotline: (925) 443-8705

"Rocket science: A century of making everything else look easy" – James Marino

Feb 18, 2023, 2:45:17 PM2/18/23
to Cliff Sojourner, Officers LUNAR, lunar-general, lunar-general
I'd pay for a DVD of "memories". Perhaps the club can even pay for your expenses via the sale of these.

Steve Kendall

Bill Orvis

Feb 18, 2023, 10:20:43 PM2/18/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com, Jack Hagerty, Cliff Sojourner, Officers LUNAR

A lot of the videos and pictures are available on the lunar website. Also, all of the clips

Bill