Did yo know Aeropac has a launch next weekend - the SEDS launch?

Gene Engelgau

Jul 3, 2021, 9:18:30 AM7/3/21
to Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc., Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google, ROC Chat, TCC chat, oroc list, nwrocketry
Hi Everyone - this is Gene the Aeropac launch director.  I wanted to reach out to many of you on the west coast that we have a new launch this year at Black Rock, the SEDS launch!  This launch was put on the calendar as another launch student teams can go to to fly their projects.  But it's also another chance to fly your rockets after the long shutdown the last year. There is more information about the launches here: http://aeropac.org/index.php/calendar/launch-calendarIf you can make it let us know so we can get an idea of the head count. So come on out!
The SEDS launch is like our other launches with setup Thursday July 8.  The launch dates are Friday July 9 - Sunday July 11.
Volunteers are needed:

You can signup here to help with the launch - http://media.aeropac.org/launchduty.pl?action=show&seds=XPlease make a few hours available and help.  Some key help that is needed are:

1 - Someone coming out with an empty hitch is needed to help get the equipment trailer out to the site.  There is a ball and tongue in the trailer so you just need a receiver.  The trailer is heavy so a good size truck or SUV is needed. Let the group know if you can do that so we can coordinate.

2 - Right now I don't know who is bringing out the porto-potties so that is a must!

3 - Setup volunteers, it's one thing to get the equipment out there, but we also need help from people with setup.

Vendors: As far as I know there are no motor vendors for the launch so be sure to have your supplies.

Weather: This is looking similar to Mudrock with day time temps a little above 100.  Typical winds.  I can say that at Mudrock there was virtually no dust and conditions were great on the Playa.

Getting There: Here is a link to the Aeropac Finding the Launch Site webpage:

The launch GPS location will be at or very close to:  40 52.241'N 119 6.417'W

So come out and fly rockets!

-Gene

- Regards

Gene Engelgau
Web: http://fruitychutes.com - Professional Aerospace Recovery Systems
Twitter: @fruitychutes

Gene Engelgau

Jul 4, 2021, 9:17:53 AM7/4/21
to Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc., LunarGeneral google, Scott Binder
Hi Everyone, I got a note from Scott Binger that he will be onsite Friday and Saturday for the SEDS launch so we have a motor vendor!

-Gene

- Regards

Gene Engelgau
Web: http://fruitychutes.com - Professional Aerospace Recovery Systems
Twitter: @fruitychutes

On Sat, Jul 3, 2021 at 4:45 PM Jason Boak <med...@comcast.net> wrote:
I have an assortment of motors … lemme know what you need

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2021, at 15:01, mike nannini <dmarc-...@freelists.org> wrote:

http://www.buyrocketmotors.com/
Or Bay Area Rocketry.

Mike

On Sat, Jul 3, 2021 at 2:57 PM, Brandon Johns
Hi everyone!  I'm that new guy who showed up for MUDROC last month.
I'm looking for advice because I'm in a bit of a bind. I was planning
to come out again for the SEDS launch next weekend.  I just saw Gene's
note about there not being any vendors at the launch.  I didn't order
any motors or new casings because there was a decent selection last
time and I figured it's better to support vendors who come out to our
launches.  Well, lesson learned and now I'm scrambling.  What's the
best place or option from an expedited shipping situation to try to
get something to me in NorCal by next weekend? Apologies for spamming
the group with my noob drama.

Thanks,

Brandon
AeroPAC discussion list
If you need to adjust your membership settings please use the following link
https://www.freelists.org/list/aeropac