Aeronaut is just a week away!

Gene Engelgau

Jul 29, 2021, 10:57:30 AM7/29/21
to LunarGeneral google
Hi Everyone - this is Gene the Aeropac launch director.  Aeronaut is just around the corner, setup is August 5 , and the launch is August 6 - 8.  Right now we don't have any attendance restrictions.
Right now virtually no one has signed up for anything. Thanks to the few who have,  We can't launch unless we have folks who can step up and help! You can signup here to help with the launch - http://media.aeropac.org/launchduty.pl?action=show&mudrock=XPlease make a few hours available and help.

Key volunteers needed are:

1 - Someone coming out with an empty hitch is needed to help get the equipment trailer out to the site.  I can be available to how with the pickup. There is a ball and tongue in the trailer so you just need a receiver.  The trailer is about 7K lbs so a good size truck or SUV is needed. Or of you can't tow the trailer, but have a hitch available I can tow out the trailer and someone can help tow out my little tailor.  Let me know if you can help in some way with this.

2 - We do have a volunteer to tow out the potties, thanks Tony!

3 - Setup volunteers, it's one thing to get the equipment out there, but we also need help from people with setup. No one is signed up to help with setup.

4 - No one has signed up to man the LCO or RSO positions.  It's hard to launch rockets if no one is available to push the button.

Vendors: Mike Gentile with BAR has not been well and can not make the launch.  I will be making a stop at Mikes on the way up Thursday.  If you can contact Mike with your orders before Thursday I can pick up your order and bring it up. So ho hazmat or shipping if you preorder from Mike.

Scott Binder will be there with his trailer of goodies.

Getting There: Here is a link to the Aeropac Finding the Launch Site webpage:

The launch GPS location will be at or very close to:  40 52.241'N 119 6.417'W

I'll try to get out there around 3PM Thursday. Depending on the arrival of people we may setup Thursday, or Friday morning depending on when people get out there.

Weather looks good so far with temps in the mid to upper 90's. The skies may be smoky some with the fires around, it's hard to say exactly till we get out there.

See everyone soon!!

-Gene

- Regards
Gene Engelgau
Web: http://fruitychutes.com - Professional Aerospace Recovery Systems
Twitter: @fruitychutes

Rob Heil

Jul 29, 2021, 11:07:57 AM7/29/21
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com, ge...@milestonemediaworks.com

Gene,

The sign up link you sent if for MudRock.  AeroNaut= http://media.aeropac.org/launchduty.pl?action=show&aeronaut=X

I signed up a while back for a couple of LCO hours on Sat.

Rob

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Gene Engelgau

Jul 29, 2021, 12:00:30 PM7/29/21
to rob...@pacbell.net, LunarGeneral google
Hi all, I got the link wrong, here is the link to Aeronaut ;)