Mudrock is less that two weeks!

Gene Engelgau

Jun 7, 2021, 10:03:56 AM6/7/21
to Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc., Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google
Hi Everyone - this is Gene the Aeropac launch director.  Mudrock is just around the corner, setup is June 17 , and the launch is June 18 - 20. This year, as of now, we don't have any attendance restrictions. However we still should conduct ourselves under the best guidance from the CDC for an outdoor event. There may be another email regarding that so watch for that.
Right now virtually no one has signed up for anything. Thanks to the few who have,  We can't launch unless we have folks who can step up and help! You can signup here to help with the launch - http://media.aeropac.org/launchduty.pl?action=show&mudrock=XPlease make a few hours available and help.

Key volunteers needed are:

1 - Someone coming out with an empty hitch is needed to help get the equipment trailer out to the site.  I can be available to how with the pickup. There is a ball and tongue in the trailer so you just need a receiver.  The trailer is about 7K lbs so a good size truck or SUV is needed.

2 - Right now I don't know who is bringing out the porto-potties so that is a must!

3 - Setup volunteers, it's one thing to get the equipment out there, but we also need help from people with setup.

Vendors: Mike Gentile with BAR has not been well and can not make the launch. As far as I know there is no motor vendor at the launch.  Folks need to plan ahead and get your motors now.  If you pre-order from Mike some of us can stop by Mikes and pick up orders to bring to the launch.  I'll be there for Fruity CHutes so I will have parachutes and other recovery gear.  I'm not sure Aerotech is going to make it, Carl, Gary?   Be sure to let Mike at BAR know ASAP if you need something .  Hopefully you have already done that.  If anyone else is coming as a vendor let me know.

Getting There: Here is a link to the Aeropac Finding the Launch Site webpage:

The launch GPS location will be at or very close to:  40 52.241'N 119 6.417'W

I'll try to get out there around 3PM Thursday. Depending on the arrival of people we may setup Thursday, or Friday morning.

See everyone soon!!

-Gene

- Regards

Gene Engelgau
Web: http://fruitychutes.com - Professional Aerospace Recovery Systems
Twitter: @fruitychutes

Gene Engelgau

Jun 13, 2021, 11:57:57 AM6/13/21
to Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc., Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google, Mike Gentile, Linda Gentile
  Hi Everyone, this time next week we'll be enjoying the Playa at Mudrock!  We have more volunteers signed up. But to really enjoy the launch we need someone to volunteer to bring out the Porta-Potty!  No one is signed up yet so no joy yet.  Can I get someone to step up and bring out the potty?

Also in case you missed it there will not be a motor vendor at the launch.  So you have a few days to plan ahead and get motors.  I'm going to make a trip over to Mike's place to pick up some supplies Wednesday around 1PM or so.  Anyway I'm happy to bring out other people's orders.  Please get a hold of Mike at Bar and get your order in.  I would also contact Linda Gentile copied in this email and she can also help.

-Gene

- Regards

Gene Engelgau
Web: http://fruitychutes.com - Professional Aerospace Recovery Systems
Twitter: @fruitychutes

Bill Owens

Jun 17, 2021, 3:58:16 PM6/17/21
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gene,
My son Miles was signed up to set up this afternoon.  We have had a problem with our RV and Don’t expect to be there till after 6.  Apologies.

Bill

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 7:03 AM Gene Engelgau <gene.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.