Snow ranch general question

Chris Dunn

Jan 22, 2024, 4:15:32 PMJan 22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Snow ranch question, is it OK to grill lunch on-site? As an example,  this weekend I'm going to bring out my ARC tram so they can do some test launches to compare predictions from Open Rocket to actual.  Since I'm going to have a largest group I was thinking of bringing my small Blackstone grill to cook up burgers.I just wanted to make sure that's OK before I plan those logistics with my team.

Chris

Anthony Cooper

Jan 22, 2024, 4:17:26 PMJan 22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
We have a grill and it is often lit.
Anthony M. Cooper
31120 Chicoine Ave.
Hayward, CA 94544-7432
VP and Membership for lunar.org
Membership for mgscv.org
Cell: 510-589-5292

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Eric Renger

Jan 22, 2024, 5:38:43 PMJan 22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is ok to grill. As Tony mentioned, the club has a charcoal grill, and often it is lit and available for use. But if you’d rather use your Blackstone, that would be ok too. Remember to bring your own trashbags for whatever you need to throw out after your cookout, and remember to haul it away — there’s no trash service at the launch.

On Jan 22, 2024, at 1:15 PM, Chris Dunn <ch...@dunns.net> wrote:

Snow ranch question, is it OK to grill lunch on-site? As an example,  this weekend I'm going to bring out my ARC tram so they can do some test launches to compare predictions from Open Rocket to actual.  Since I'm going to have a largest group I was thinking of bringing my small Blackstone grill to cook up burgers.I just wanted to make sure that's OK before I plan those logistics with my team.

Chris

Emma Humphries

Jan 22, 2024, 5:58:15 PMJan 22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
You may find a propane grill to be easier to manage since you can shut it off completely and not have to haul out coals.

Bill Orvis

Jan 22, 2024, 6:32:45 PMJan 22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com, Emma Humphries

Actually, hot coals are the one kind of trash I will allow to be left at the ranch. Hauling hot coals in a closed car can be really dangerous. There is a fire pit over by where we park the LUNAR trailer and you may dump your ashes and any hot coals there. All the rest of your trash you must take home with you.

Bill

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lunar-general/CAGsAfh8AiDdtJ1L9_W6M5LndS_Zh01f6e92f2s96qD2t9dAB3g%40mail.gmail.com.
--
William Orvis