Fwd: Welcome, Spring!

Bill Orvis

Mar 17, 2022, 7:31:14 PM3/17/22
to LunarGeneral google

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Welcome, Spring!
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:01:43 -0400
From: NOAA SciJinks <SpacePla...@jpl.nasa.gov>
To: or...@comcast.net

What's new at NOAA SciJinks

What Causes Earth's Seasons?

The vernal equinox is on Sunday, March 20th in the Northern Hemisphere!

Earth has seasons because its axis is tilted. Earth’s axis is always pointed in the same direction, so different parts of Earth get the Sun’s direct rays throughout the year.

Click the infographic below to learn more!

Why Is the
Sky Blue?

Of all the colors of the rainbow, why is the sky blue? Click on the image of the blue sky above to find out the answer!

What Is
a Solstice?

The spring solstice is on March 20th! Click on the image to learn more about one of the two annual equinoxes.

How Did Earth's Atmosphere Form?

Earth is on its third atmosphere! Click on the image above to learn more about our special atmosphere.

Make Lightning with ZAP!

Lightning comes from charges that build up within a storm cloud. In our game, build up charges within a storm cloud!

Make a Rainbow with Our Simulator!

In our rainbow simulator, you can make all kinds of adjustments to see how angles and distances affect the rainbow you can see!

Spread the Word

Do you know someone who might like to learn more about weather? Forward this email to them to make sure they know all about NOAA SciJinks!

This message was sent to or...@comcast.net from SpacePla...@jpl.nasa.gov

NOAA SciJinks
NASAJPL
4800 Oak Grove