Aeronaut 2022 is just around the corner!

Gene Engelgau

Jul 30, 2022, 11:37:16 AM7/30/22
to Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc., Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google, TCC chat
Hi Everyone - this is Gene the Aeropac launch director.  Aeronaut is just around the corner, setup is Aug 4 , and the launch is June 5 - 7.
I'm looking at the Launch Duty calendar and we have a few key volunteer positions open. Here it is:
One very important need is someone to help tow the equipment trailer from Empire on Thursday afternoon, and back on Sunday.  I can assist with this as well. If you have an open hitch and can tow the equipment trailer, or not, you can help.  Let me know.
Otherwise we only have a couple people who have signed up to help, so everything is open! Please make a few hours available and help with setup, and LCO and RSO duties.  On the Sunday we can always use help for loadout and then to help with getting the equipment back to Empire.  Again anyone with an open hitch can help with that since I can tow the big trailer, but I would need someone to tow out my little trailer to Empire.  It's not hard! We usually try to wrap up and roll of the playa on Sundays by around 12 or 1PM.
Vendors: I have not heard that Mike Gentile with BAR will be out, I am checking. I'll be there for Fruity Chutes so I will have parachutes and other recovery gear.  I believe Carl or Gary with Aerotech will be out.   If anyone else is coming as a vendor let me know.  I would plan to bring your own motors and supplies anyway depending on who can make it out.

Temperature for the weekend is looking really good right now with 90's as the high, and lows in the 60's.  Winds look moderate as well and right now are under 10mph for pretty much the whole launch. This is about as ideal as you can get!! I'm not sure about the smoke, but I think it's better than last year which was really bad. Anyone know?

One new thing is the BLM has asked that "gray water", like you would use to wash with, is NOT dumped on the playa. So bring an extra container to take out and grey water.  If the water is clean enough to drink then no problem.

Jim, do you have anything else to add or correct?

Getting There: Here is a link to the Aeropac Finding the Launch Site webpage:

The launch GPS location will be at or very close to:  40 52.241'N 119 6.417'W

I'll try to get out there around 4PM Thursday. Depending on the arrival of people we may setup Thursday, or Friday morning if we don't have enough people out there.

See everyone soon!!

- Regards

Gene Engelgau
Web: http://fruitychutes.com - Professional Aerospace Recovery Systems
Twitter: @fruitychutes

Gene Engelgau

Jul 30, 2022, 11:43:30 AM7/30/22
to Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc., Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google, TCC chat
Hi, Oops, the launch days are Setup Aug 4, launch days August 5 - 7. That is what happens when you cut and paste previous emails ;)

-Gene

- Regards

Gene Engelgau
Web: http://fruitychutes.com - Professional Aerospace Recovery Systems
Twitter: @fruitychutes

Gene Engelgau

Aug 2, 2022, 2:39:34 PM8/2/22
to Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc., Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google, TCC chat
Hi all. just a reminder for tomorrow that we still don't have anyone who has stepped up to help bring out the Aeropac equipment trailer.  This could possibly lead to a delay in getting going Friday.  If anyone is going out with an open hitch let me know.  Also if you can't tow the big equipment trailer I can do that, then someone else can help bring in my little utility trailer. There are lots of options.

Anyone know how late the Empire store is open so we can get the storage space key?