Tabling at Chabot, March 23

Emma Humphries

Jan 12, 2024, 6:15:32 PMJan 12
to LunarGeneral google
Hi, Chabot in Oakland is having a rocketry day on March 23 and we've been invited to participate.

With the okay of the Board, I'd like to coordinate some volunteers to help table at Chabot.

Besides rockets, a laptop to show launch videos, spent motors, motor cases, parachutes, and other kit to show off, I'd like to have 2-3 people help out so we can take breaks and provide coverage from 10 to 4 that day.

Fred, can this go on Wednesday's agenda? I'm going to get on a Zoom call with Ms Charles Monday or Tuesday next week to get specifics.

Thanks,

Emma H

Jan 15, 2024, 11:35:35 AMJan 15
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure we'll talk about it on Wednesday. I have placed it on my calendar.
Anthony M. Cooper
31120 Chicoine Ave.
Hayward, CA 94544-7432
VP and Membership for lunar.org
Membership for mgscv.org
Cell: 510-589-5292

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Emma Humphries

Jan 16, 2024, 3:08:04 PMJan 16
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Tony.

Here's what Chabot is looking for:

For Rocketfest, here are a few of the things we are looking for and what we can provide. Please let me know if you have any additional questions and I would be happy to meet over Zoom later this week. I am free Wednesday afternoon, Thursday morning and most of the day on Friday.

What We Are Looking For
  • Partners to table for all (or some) of the event that runs 10am-4pm. Set up runs from 9am-10am and cleanup will run 4pm-5pm.
  • Displays with rockets, rocket parts, models, videos and other educational items showing the science behind building and launching multiple types of rockets.
  • Hands-on activities for kids related to rocketry.
  • We are also looking for guest speakers, if you or anyone from LUNAR would like to give a formal presentation, but no pressure.
  • Feel free to bring as many handouts, brochures or educational materials as you would like for the event.

What We Can Provide
  • One or two 6ft tables in an indoor or outdoor spot, depending on your needs. Please note, we cannot have open flames since we are located in with in an Oakland City park and we are in a redwood forest.
  • Access to electrical outlets and a tv or projector screen to run video if needed.
  • Your organization will be listed in our advertising. If you are able to participate, we will need the name of our organization (LUNAR), activity or display name, and 2-4 sentences about your organization and the activity or display you will have at Rocketfest.
  • We will provide lunch to all of our participants, so please let us know if anyone has any food sensitivities or preferences.

I'll plan to follow up with Chabot on a call this Thursday or Friday.

-- Emma H