Small video cameras that are favorites for you folks

Gene Engelgau

Mar 23, 2023, 11:53:10 AM3/23/23
to Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google
Hi All, what are some good small(ish) video cameras folks are just taping to their rockets?  In my case I need them to tape / strap onto a small drone we are parachute testing with. I would like decent quality, self contained, with rechargeable battery.

-Gene

- Regards

Gene Engelgau
Web: http://fruitychutes.com - Professional Aerospace Recovery Systems
Twitter: @fruitychutes

Jamie Clay

Mar 23, 2023, 12:06:32 PM3/23/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com, Gene Engelgau, Lunarlunch
Currently the smallest fully contained camera (used in Rocketry) is the Estes Astrocam.    It's a decent little camera.

The Mate 808 is pretty good too, long time favorite of mine, but they've been getting phased out

Mind you small is subjective :)  Some people thing the Firefly Q6 is small. As well as the Mobius line of cameras

All record locally, self powered and can be found on eBay

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Bill Orvis

Mar 23, 2023, 2:53:53 PM3/23/23
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com, Gene Engelgau, Lunarlunch

Hi Gene,

I used to use one called a FlyCam which was designed for attaching to model airplanes. It had a rotating camera on the end so you could attach it to an airplane and then rotate the camera to point where you wanted it. I smashed that one. I currently use a cheap ($30) Chinese camera off of Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077YWJ68C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is a full 1040P camera with audio. The lens is on the end so you have to orient the wohle camera in the direction you want to film. This one is no longer available but there are a lot of similar ones on Amazon

Bill

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.
William Orvis
226 Joyce St.
Livermore, CA 94550
or...@compuserve.com

Chris Attebery

Mar 25, 2023, 12:15:58 AM3/25/23
to Bill Orvis, Gene Engelgau, Lunarlunch, lunar-...@googlegroups.com
FWIW: I got decent video from the Mobius Mini.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Gene Engelgau

Mar 25, 2023, 12:23:16 PM3/25/23
to Chris Attebery, Bill Orvis, Lunarlunch, lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, thanks for all the great ideas! The Mobius looks ideal for our application.