Aeronaut is a week away!

Gene Engelgau

Jul 29, 2021, 10:56:11 AM7/29/21
to Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc., Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google, TCC chat
Hi Everyone - this is Gene the Aeropac launch director.  Aeronaut is just around the corner, setup is August 5 , and the launch is August 6 - 8.  Right now we don't have any attendance restrictions.
Right now virtually no one has signed up for anything. Thanks to the few who have,  We can't launch unless we have folks who can step up and help! You can signup here to help with the launch - http://media.aeropac.org/launchduty.pl?action=show&mudrock=XPlease make a few hours available and help.

Key volunteers needed are:

1 - Someone coming out with an empty hitch is needed to help get the equipment trailer out to the site.  I can be available to how with the pickup. There is a ball and tongue in the trailer so you just need a receiver.  The trailer is about 7K lbs so a good size truck or SUV is needed. Or of you can't tow the trailer, but have a hitch available I can tow out the trailer and someone can help tow out my little tailor.  Let me know if you can help in some way with this.

2 - We do have a volunteer to tow out the potties, thanks Tony!

3 - Setup volunteers, it's one thing to get the equipment out there, but we also need help from people with setup. No one is signed up to help with setup.

4 - No one has signed up to man the LCO or RSO positions.  It's hard to launch rockets if no one is available to push the button.

Vendors: Mike Gentile with BAR has not been well and can not make the launch.  I will be making a stop at Mikes on the way up Thursday.  If you can contact Mike with your orders before Thursday I can pick up your order and bring it up. So ho hazmat or shipping if you preorder from Mike.

Scott Binder will be there with his trailer of goodies.

Getting There: Here is a link to the Aeropac Finding the Launch Site webpage:

The launch GPS location will be at or very close to:  40 52.241'N 119 6.417'W

I'll try to get out there around 3PM Thursday. Depending on the arrival of people we may setup Thursday, or Friday morning depending on when people get out there.

Weather looks good so far with temps in the mid to upper 90's. The skies may be smoky some with the fires around, it's hard to say exactly till we get out there.

See everyone soon!!

-Gene

- Regards

Gene Engelgau
Web: http://fruitychutes.com - Professional Aerospace Recovery Systems
Twitter: @fruitychutes

Gene Engelgau

Jul 29, 2021, 11:57:31 AM7/29/21
to Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc., Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google, TCC chat
Hi all, It was pointed out that I have the signup link is wrong, here is Aeronaut:

-Gene

- Regards

Gene Engelgau
Web: http://fruitychutes.com - Professional Aerospace Recovery Systems
Twitter: @fruitychutes

Gene Engelgau

Aug 3, 2021, 7:00:06 PM8/3/21
to Association of Experimental Rocketry of the Pacific, Inc., Lunarlunch, LunarGeneral google, TCC chat
Hi Everyone, Gene here with an Aeronaut update.  As most of you know setup is Thursday and the launch is Friday - Sunday.  Weather wise Thursday for setup looks pretty pretty breezy, but Friday and Saturday look amazing with low winds.  Also Sunday morning is looking good. For temps are in the lower to mid 90's.  I don't know about smoke, we'll need to see. Right now the AQI number is 61 so I believe that is relatively good, someone correct me.  A higher number is worse for air quality?

For volunteers we have some folks signed up for setup and tear down.  But we need signups for LCO / RSO duty.  Also more critical no one is signed up to help with the equipment trailer.  Anyone with an open hitch heading our Thursday can help, even if you can't tow the Aeropac trailer.  I can tow it and you can tow my little utility trailer. very light weight.

For Sunday I have a hard leave time by noon.  My kids Phil and Jan are showing up Sunday (after being separated for 15 months) and my wife Paula is having her 60th B-Day Monday.  Anyway I need to get home earlier to help out with stuff.  For loadout we'll need some serious help with loadout and trailer help.  Again if you have a hitch let me know and we'll see how we can make it work.

I'm going to try and get out there Thursday by 3:30PM to 4PM see all of you then!