Video Transmitter

Bill Orvis

Jun 11, 2022, 8:14:23 PM6/11/22
to LunarGeneral google

Hi,

Anybody interested in this video transmitter and receiver? I got them years ago and was going to try and fly the camera and transmit video back to the ground. I never got around to building it and now you can get HD cameras for $20. Anyone who wants it to play with ,let me know and you can have it. The camera operates on a 9V battery or a wall wart. The receiver works with a wall wart and has a standard video RCA connector.

Bill

--
----------------------
William Orvis

srkendal

Jun 11, 2022, 8:19:06 PM6/11/22
to lunar-general
Hi Bill,

Yeah, I have one, too.  Used a European broadcast frequency. Used it soooo many years ago at Robertson Park on the one and only "I" flight from there.

Still got it. Used 9-12VDC as well.

Good luck!

-Steve Kendall
--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Bill Orvis

Jun 11, 2022, 8:32:43 PM6/11/22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Steve,

You want two?

As far as I know, the thing still works and it seems a shame to throw it away. Maybe some HS kid will want to play with it, tie it to his dog's collar and see what shows up.

Bill

srkendal

Jun 11, 2022, 8:35:38 PM6/11/22
to lunar-general
No, not really. It's a long drive for me to any launches these days. Let someone that has the drive and opportunity to use it have it.

-Steve

stanle...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2022, 11:18:08 PM6/11/22
to LUNAR General
Cool transmitter! Not sure if I have a use for it, but does it need a HAM license to operate? I have a Technicians, but if it does, it would be nice to know given that the FCC doesn't seem to like illegal broadcasting. Wouldn't want some kid to be unknowingly illegally transmitting.
- Stanley

Bill Orvis

Jun 12, 2022, 12:08:01 AM6/12/22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com, stanle...@gmail.com

When I bought it, there were no licensing requirements.

As I recall, it is low power enough that it does not require any licensing. I believe it also uses one of the public bands.

Bill

srkendal

Jun 12, 2022, 1:19:19 AM6/12/22
to lunar-general
It's a legit question. The unit I have, while low power, is technically not operating on a legal band (European), but if it were, it would require a minimum of a technician's licence. (It's some sort of amateur TV band.) The few times I used it, I piggy backed on a friend's full broadcast license. But even then, it was not a legal freq. Just low power, so not much concern. Unfortunately, the footage I once had from Robertson Park has long since disappeared, but it had footage of the camera falling from the sky and looking into the driver's window of a pickup truck just before hitting the ground. 😁

Steve

srkendal

Jun 12, 2022, 1:21:56 AM6/12/22
to lunar-general
What's really cool was that it was recorded on a VHS deck at the park directly from the TV feed.