In the Fall of 2019 I organized a large group of cub scouts to make small rockets we launched at an event LUNAR organized at Moffett Field.
Is there any chance of our being able to attend a day such as that nearby in the next 6 months?
The reality is that every 20 minutes further from Moffett we go, the fewer parents we have that are willing to take the time out to support including their kids in rocketry.
Someone in the past mentioned that many years ago permission was once received at a stadium on the peninsula for a and b motors— maybe it was at Campbell community center if I recall correctly. I assume I would need to find permission of the land owner with sufficient space and the fire authority having jurisdiction, and that maybe I could quote the NAR insurance liability policy limits/terms to those I was begging for access. And perhaps wait until after the first big rain…
Any advice — for any of the above or in general how we could get a nearby place for the scout troop to launch again?
Thanks for the help and advice!