How would you like to launch some rockets! Hollister, July 8th

Fred Radford

Jul 1, 2022, 8:22:19 PM7/1/22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Have some rockets that need some flight time ("E" motor and below)?

I have set up a rocket launch from 9am to 1pm at Brigantino Park in Hollister (about an hour south of Maker Nexus in Sunnyvale).

This is open to the LUNAR community, but has some caveats.
1) There are only about 30 parking spaces available, so I'm asking you to register your vehicle if you plan on attending.
2) Due to the park size, the NAR limitation of an E motor is needed until we can do some better measurements and then maybe F motors can be allowed at future events.
3) No vendors onsite
4) We are charged per hour for the park, which I will cover, but you are welcome to donate to LUNAR.org or MakerNexus.org and specify it is for rocket launch site fees.
5) I am actually teaching a STEAM rocketry camp that day in Sunnyvale, so volunteers are needed to a) pickup the fire permit b) bring and setup the equipment c) man the RSO and LSO table d) breakdown the equipment and return it.
6) Support Hollister businesses for allowing us to launch there!  This launch is on a Friday, but I'm working to get approval for a Saturday launch (feel free to let me know what date(s) would be good for you).

Let me know what questions you have and I've set up a prep meeting for Wed the 6th at 7:30pm to coordinate the launch.

Best Regards,
Fred Radford

Allen Palmer

Jul 4, 2022, 10:47:08 AM7/4/22
to Lunar
If anyone is planning to drive to this and is passing through Morgan Hill, I have a box motors and kits that they can have.   Allen Palmer  408 779 1247

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Allen j Palmer

Fred Radford

Jul 6, 2022, 7:49:09 PM7/6/22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Launch at Brigantino Park, Hollister on Friday July 8th at 9am

There have been two volunteers signup to run the launch on Friday, but no flyers have signed up yet.
Please sign up today if you plan on attending.

Let me know what questions you have and I've set up a prep meeting for TONIGHT Wed the 6th at 7:30pm to coordinate the launch.

Best Regards,
Fred Radford

David Raimondi

Jul 6, 2022, 8:12:04 PM7/6/22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com

Fred,  I am at work at that time… I could take vacation day…Hmmmmm    I will think about.

david

--

This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Emma Humphries

Jul 6, 2022, 8:17:40 PM7/6/22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
This would involve a car share, and a vacation day for me but if the next one happens on a weekend I'd love to fly at it.

Fred Radford

Jul 6, 2022, 11:00:46 PM7/6/22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all the great input!

Yes, I am trying to schedule a Saturday one ASAP.  I've requested July 23rd (the Saturday after the July 20th build party), but do not have confirmation yet.

Since this is short notice and a Friday, we didn't get much in the way of signups for flyers, so let's cancel the Brigantino park launch on Friday.

Let me know if you'd like to join the rocket camp launch in Sunnyvale at noon on Friday.
It is the first launch there, and the first launch in Sunnyvale (at Twin Creeks), so it is just from noon to 2pm (setup at 11am).
Again, I'll be looking at what Saturdays & Sundays are available for Twin Creeks in the future.

Best Regards,
Fred Radford

Allen Palmer

Jul 7, 2022, 4:23:55 PM7/7/22
to Lunar
Fred   Is the launch a go, I am not planning to fly but I can assist. Level 3 flier

--
This list is moderated. Your first port will have to be approved prior to being posted. Feel free to chat about anything your fellow rocketeers would find interesting.

Allen j Palmer

Allen Palmer

Jul 7, 2022, 4:25:21 PM7/7/22
to Lunar
got my answer -  No Friday launch

David Raimondi

Jul 12, 2022, 9:33:59 PM7/12/22
to lunar-...@googlegroups.com

Allen,

Do you still have the motors  and kits?

David

Allen Palmer

Jul 12, 2022, 10:24:42 PM7/12/22
to Lunar
William Ketterman came and picked them right after I post it. See him about them. Lots of motors / kits