Your ideas about the International Environmental Governance reform

Oleg Izyumenko

May 28, 2010, 11:45:35 AM5/28/10
to lumes0608, LUMES, lum...@googlegroups.com
Hello my dear fellow LUMESians!

From our time together I learnt that each and everyone of you has some brilliant ideas about how the world should be governed.

Right now you have an important opportunity to help bring about a sustainable future. Governments have agreed that it’s necessary to make a broad reform of International Environmental Governance (IEG), but nobody knows yet how to do it. Decision SSXI/1 allows civil society to give formal input to the IEG process. The world needs your opinions and ideas!

If you want to help, please read through the document at http://scr.bi/cfDxk7  to get an overview of where governments are in the process and what ideas they currently have. Then get creative and think about what changes you believe in and would like to see in the way governments address environmental issues on a global level.

Please send all your thoughts and comments on or before 1 June 2010 to Sara Svensson (sara.s...@faltbiologerna.se), Children & Youth representative in the UNEP Major Groups Facilitating Committee. All ideas from Children & Youth globally will be compiled into one document to be delivered to UNEP for consideration.

Thank you very much!

P.S.: It feels like a great opportunity to give this kind of feedback to the top political governance on this planet. It would be a shame to miss it, because the deadline is so soon (the 1st of June). But it is something that you could tell your children you were part of. Therefore I urge you to take some time and read the document (it's not very long) on http://scr.bi/cfDxk7  and share some of your brilliant ideas. Please also take some time to share it with your friends and networks.

Do you have questions, just ask away, and I'll try to answer them.

Sincerely yours,
Oleg