your thoughts/comments & opinions are sought

sonali david

Mar 18, 2010, 12:21:56 AM3/18/10
to lumes
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/mar/15/green-consumers-more-likely-steal

Since last year this time we were all cramming to write our thesis, I
read this and wondered how controversial writing something like this
would be in LUMES.

Hitesh you've been unusually silent, would love to hear from you. Hope
Mel and the baby are doing well.

Love to everyone, where ever you are.
--

Sonali
+91 9717 352 169

Mirjam van der Hoek

Mar 18, 2010, 8:08:50 AM3/18/10
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I'm not convinced by the article. I think the researchers make the mistake here that they do not use 'green consumers' for their experiments, but random university students who are assigned to a 'green' task. In this way they test their theory that people who do something good or morally correct (not green actions specifically), feel like they can do something morally incorrect after that to compensate, some kind of rebound effect.
Maybe the results would be different if they used real green people for their tests. I could show that green consumers have such strong morals that they show less of a rebound effect!

Mirjam van der Hoek
Chinese Tuin 181
3078 ED Rotterdam
The Netherlands
mirjamva...@hotmail.com
+31 (0)6 50894631

> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:51:56 +0530
> Subject: your thoughts/comments & opinions are sought
> From: sonali...@gmail.com
> To: lu...@googlegroups.com
> --

Minder SPAM in de verbeterde Windows Live Hotmail