Re: Digest for lumes@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Therese Näsman

Feb 10, 2010, 11:57:29 PM2/10/10
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Well, the Reva is an option. It is an electric car, made by an Indian company. Met their CFO a while ago, and they are making 2 new models as we speak, should at least check it out, they are not too expensive either. But then I also know that the electricity prices in Delhi are ridiculous and a bit unreliable, so may have to do some cost-benefit analysis there ey? =) , Otherwise look for a hybrid at least, do not buy the nano!!!! Go for the camel any day before the Nano =). BTW are you actually gonna drive the car ;)

Therese

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:28 PM, <lumes+...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/lumes/topics

 Topic: 2010 Heya!
    Camilla Skjerve-Nielssen <cam...@hotmail.com> Feb 09 09:29PM ^

    i second the camel or donkey idea. an electric scooter is ok too. do they do carpooling in new dehli? please don't get a nano! Camilla

    Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 08:52:22 -0500
    Subject: Re: 2010 Heya!
    From: jeff....@gmail.com
    To: lu...@googlegroups.com

    Hmmm, 50 degrees eh, so riding an elephant is out, damn. Maybe a camel? Can we all pitch in to buy Sonali a camel from Rajasthan?

    OK, so if you were to buy a car, would it be a Tata Nano? Are any electric cars (or electric scotters, 'e-bikes' as we call them) on the market in India yet because that would be a good option given that you would not have to drive very far each way to work. And I'm sure you could 'borrow' some electricity to charge your car from the local utility pole or from a neighbour's outlet. Cut those commuting costs.

    Also, I think Mirjam is volunteering to be your rickshaw driver ;) I would be down but Canada need me, lol.

    - jeff

    On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM, sonali david <sonali...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Didn't you learn anything about New Delhi while growing up? It's 50 degrees C avg for most of the year, and quite unsafe for women after dark (and unlike some labour laws on this planet, if my boss decides she wants to work till 10 pm, I cant protest)

    Think harder!

    On 9 February 2010 18:12, Mirjam van der Hoek <mirjamva...@hotmail.com> wrote:

    just walk!!!

    From: sonali...@gmail.com
    Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 17:59:23 +0530
    To: lu...@googlegroups.com

    Oops ...Sorry Christian!! Didn't know you wanted to design the sets of the movie you'd be acting in. I'll call the producers asap.

    Also, confession time: Im prolly gonna be investing in a car ... and before you boo ... right now it takes me 45 mins to get transportation for a 15 min journey. I'm still thinking of ways to avoid the car bit, any suggestions???

    Any one wanna be my dedicated rickshaw driver here? Jeff - I'll give you 3 meals, occasional alcohol and a roof over your head and you cud cycle me to work and back... eh?

    Buses are too packed (most of the time)

    Rickshaws (motorized 3 wheelers) are lawless, so they don't wanna go where I work etc etc (Another reason why Bombay rocks, write it down people)
    The Metro is in the process of being built right across from where I live.

    Help Sonali avoid riding in a car...

    Hugs from a slightly rainy and cool New Delhi..... anyone for the daal makhni I'm eating right now?

    On 9 February 2010 09:54, Christian Schmidt <schmidt....@gmail.com> wrote:

    Um, Sonali you had already promised that bollywood career to a certain Canadian.. hmm?

    Seriously though, the updates have been awesome, easily the email I most look forward to, keep them coming!

    Calgary has been even more of an adjustment than I'd expected, while for the most part I'm getting around without, the city is designed with a car in mind. Still it's nice to spend time with friends I haven't seen much over the past couple years as well as the family.

    As for work, in December I was hired on as a consultant with a small sustainability consultancy with most of their work focused at the strategic level. Interesting and VERY busy. So busy that they're hiring another position in Ottawa. If any of you are interested here is the link. Contact me if you'd like greater details or some thoughts I might have for how to apply and what they might be looking for. It would be GREAT to have another Lumesian on board.

    Hope every one is doing well, there's rarely a day that I don't think of one of you, or some experience from Lund.

    Hugs!

    Christian

    On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:34 PM, sonali david <sonali...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Pink bathroom with differently coloured flowers - you could moonlight
    as a bollywood set designer.

    --

    Sonali
    +91 9717 352 169

    Sonali
    +91 9717 352 169

    Ontdek nu Windows phone. De smartphone van dit moment

    Sonali
    +91 9717 352 169