Handing over the Maintainership of the Luigi Codebase

Arash Rouhani

Feb 17, 2021, 4:56:19 AM2/17/21
to Luigi
Hi luigi-users,

I have some news! I've realized that:
  • Because of other commitments and priorities, I've naturally slowly and slowly found myself maintaining the Luigi code base less and less. This is natural as I've not used it in my professional life in the last few years.
  • To have me mentioned as the "Chief Maintainer" in our README.md given the above situation is not what is best for Luigi. So....
As of now, officially at least, Luigi will be maintained by some of the Engineers at Spotify. Obviously there's still the  frequent contributors doing important work, as for any open source project of this size.

In practice, nothing will change from how it was last month or even before that. And naturally I'll be curious and keep following the development of Luigi! Even if I sense that the stability of the codebase is one of the strengths of Luigi in 2021.

Keep on Plumbing! :)

Cheers,
Arash

Lars Albertsson

Feb 17, 2021, 10:06:47 AM2/17/21
to Arash Rouhani, Luigi
Thanks for sticking around to maintain Luigi for so long! We are grateful for all the time that you have spent. 🙏