RPCError: Errors (3 attempts) when connecting to remote scheduler 'http://localhost:8082'

kar...@hackerearth.com

Apr 7, 2016, 1:45:35 PM4/7/16
to Luigi
I have set up a simple set of luigi tasks and the central scheduler is running fine. The jobs also run completely. But i get an error mail saying,

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luigi/worker.py", line 545, in add
for next in self._add(item, is_complete):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luigi/worker.py", line 636, in _add
module=task.task_module)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luigi/worker.py", line 422, in _add_task
self._scheduler.add_task(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luigi/rpc.py", line 174, in add_task
'tracking_url': tracking_url,
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luigi/rpc.py", line 146, in _request
page = self._fetch(url, body, log_exceptions, attempts)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/luigi/rpc.py", line 138, in _fetch
last_exception
RPCError: Errors (3 attempts) when connecting to remote scheduler 'http://localhost:8082'

Also every time the job runs a duplicate task i show with the same name in visualiser. When i check the data base where the tasks are being stored ie. the tasks table in the database provided in db_connection config, even there i find multiple entries with same column values.

Please help me out!

dataengin...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2017, 10:26:48 AM6/14/17
to Luigi, kar...@hackerearth.com

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?

nitinbha...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2019, 2:18:22 AM7/1/19
to Luigi

Were you able to resolve it?

Ankit Sethi

Nov 13, 2020, 2:55:08 AM11/13/20
to Luigi
Hii Nitin

Could you help me out to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance.

Lars Albertsson

Nov 16, 2020, 6:12:39 AM11/16/20
to Ankit Sethi, Luigi
Your Luigi worker fails to contact the central scheduler, which it
believes to run on the same machine as the worker. Is that the case,
or does it run on another machine?

If it runs elsewhere, you need to change the worker configuration file
to point out its location.

Regards,

Lars Albertsson
Data engineering entrepreneur