Luigi does not try Failed Tasks

Nhat Bui Minh

Oct 18, 2020, 12:14:33 PM10/18/20
to Luigi
This the luigi.cfg file that I has set up

[core]
logging_conf_file=logging.conf

[scheduler]
retry_count=100
retry_delay=5

[worker]
keep_alive=true
max_reschedules=100

However, luigi does not retry any  failed tasks in my pipeline. Really appreciate if anyone could point to me the correct way of telling luigi to retry failed tasks !

Tashrif B.

Oct 18, 2020, 12:18:09 PM10/18/20
to Nhat Bui Minh, Luigi
Hi Nhat,

Check out the last line in my configuration and see if that solves your problem:

-Tashrif
.

Nhat Bui Minh

Oct 18, 2020, 12:37:37 PM10/18/20
to Luigi
Hi Tashrif,

Thank you but that does not seem to work.

One thing I notice is Luigi keeps marking those failed tasks as pending when it asks scheduler for work. For example : I have 137 failed tasks in one run

DEBUG - Asking scheduler for work...
DEBUG - http://localhost:8082 "POST /api/get_work HTTP/1.1" 200 160
DEBUG - Done
DEBUG - There are no more tasks to run at this time
DEBUG - There are 137 pending tasks possibly being run by other workers
DEBUG - There are 137 pending tasks unique to this worker
DEBUG - There are 137 pending tasks last scheduled by this worker

Nhat Bui Minh

Oct 18, 2020, 12:52:24 PM10/18/20
to Luigi
Actually, please disregard my prev email. The process works! Thank you so much!!!!!