Luigi Scheduling randomly gets stuck pending after upgrade to Luigi 2

aha...@totango.com

Apr 11, 2016, 6:19:11 AM4/11/16
to Luigi
Hi All

We've just upgraded Luigi from v1.0.18 to v2.1.1 and are running into problems with the Luigi Scheduler.

We run here about 12000 Tasks daily , this problem affects roughly 10% of these jobs seemingly randomly.

The symptoms are the following:
Lets say I run a Task call ActiveListRealtimeTask with 2 params as follows:

DEBUG: Checking if ActivelistRealtimeTask(service_id=880, pipeline_id=61795892-cb8e-4dbd-b86f-686594775b8a) is complete
INFO: Informed scheduler that task ActivelistRealtimeTask_61795892_cb8e_4d_880_a118eec427 has status PENDING
INFO: Done scheduling tasks
INFO: Running Worker with 1 processes
DEBUG: Asking scheduler for work...
DEBUG: Pending tasks: 1

This code will sit pending for 20-60 minutes before actually running (which takes 2 minutes)

I know clearly from our system that we aren't running this task with the same 2 params anywhere else. So I'm really not sure why the scheduler seems to take an hour to allocate it.
Also a search through the logs of the Luigi server shows nothing out of the ordinary (just a whole lot of pings and completed tasks)

Any help greatly appreciated!

Aharon Levine
Totango

Arash Rouhani Kalleh

Apr 11, 2016, 6:39:56 AM4/11/16
to aha...@totango.com, Luigi
What does it say after "DEBUG: Pending tasks: 1"? Is that the last thing it says before sleeping for 20-60 minutes? If so, I think the error is on the client's side. It gets stuck somewhere in the worker.py code. If you can reproduce it, try Ctrl+C your way to a stack trace.

Also, half-relevant, the scheduler (if you look at the graph in browser) indicates that the task is ready to run, correct?

aha...@totango.com

Apr 12, 2016, 5:16:17 AM4/12/16
to Luigi, aha...@totango.com
Hi Arash

Your correct, after further checking the problem was on our implementation code and had nothing to do with scheduling.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

victoria lisa

Feb 5, 2024, 12:23:08 AMFeb 5
to Luigi
✅🔴▶️▶ Really Amazing ️You Can Try This ◀️◀️🔴✅

✅▶️▶️ CLICK HERE Full HD✅720p✅1080p✅4K✅

WATCH ✅💻📺📱👉https://co.fastmovies.org

ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ ✅📺📱💻👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

✅WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

💚WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

💚 Really Amazing ️You Can Try This💚WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>
🔴ALL>Movies>ALL>TIME>HITE>Save>LINK👉https://co.fastmovies.org

💚CLICK HERE Full HD>720p>1080p>4K💚WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>
🔴ALL>Movies>ALL>TIME>HITE>Save>LINK👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴💻ALL>Movies>WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org