Fwd: saturday comic: /proc

marius adrian popa

Jan 11, 2020, 11:26:11 AM1/11/20
to lug-mures

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Julia Evans <ju...@jvns.ca>
Date: Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 16:16
Subject: saturday comic: /proc
To: <map...@gmail.com>

This one is about /proc, a ⭑magical⭑ directory on Linux. Knowing about /proc feels like a superpower to me -- when I was writing rbspy I leaned on /proc/PID/maps a lot to figure out the memory layout of Ruby processes.

The replies to the original tweet have a ton of great discussion about how /proc works (/proc/PID/environ is actually just a pointer into the process's memory!) and other useful features of /proc not mentioned in the comic.

This is page 5 of my Bite Size Linux zine, which explains 19 of the Linux concepts that I've found the most useful to know.

Link to the tweet: an amazing directory: /proc
Get the zine: Bite Size Linux
Get the whole Bite Size zine series: Bite Size zine pack
Get all my zines: All the zines!!

Unsubscribe | Update your profile | 3450 St Denis, MONTREAL, QC H2X 3L3

Radu Potop

Jan 11, 2020, 12:57:04 PM1/11/20
to LUG-Mures
Foarte faine Marius, keep them coming!

Nu am mai văzut activitate aici pe grup de mult timp :)

Radu

--
Ați primit acest mesaj deoarece sunteți abonat(ă) la grupul „lug-mures” din Grupuri Google.
Pentru a vă dezabona de la acest grup și pentru a nu mai primi e-mailuri de la acesta, trimiteți un e-mail la adresa lug-mures+...@googlegroups.com.