using the at90usb162 vs atmega32u2 usb not working

sean green

May 31, 2020, 9:37:59 PM5/31/20
to LUFA Library Support List

I was able to get lufa flashed to an atmega32u2 on one of the old retired 16u2 dev boards. Like this one
https://www.mattairtech.com/index.php/atmega32u2-usb-development-board-arduino-compatible.html

Since apparently the 16u2 is going extinct or at least the breakout boards are, I'm moving to the at90usb162

I grabbed one of these.

https://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/at90usb162-startusb-for-avr-development-board/44392
I changed my make to at90usb162 but after flashing the lufa via the factory bootlaoder I get "unknown device" installed.

both breakout boards came with an 8MHz that I replaced for 16 and updated the MAKEFILE.

was wondering about this

MCU          = at90usb162 # atmega32u2
ARCH         = AVR8
BOARD        = MINIMUS
F_CPU        = 16000000
F_USB        = $(F_CPU)

Not sure why a board type would matter too much here but the one I'm using startusb by sparkfun is not there. all see is " Sparkfun U2 Breakout Board ". Changing it to SPARKFUN8U2 didn't seem to change anything.

Attached an ISP and the fuses match.

Compiled the latest LUFA no change. I flashed the at90usb162 code to my atmega32u2 board and it works (as I figured, these chips are identical for the most part). So I wonder why the startusb avr will not work?

Any thoughts?

sean green

Jun 2, 2020, 6:01:49 PM6/2/20
to LUFA Library Support List