Clear midi device endpoint when midiport is selected in application

Alexander

May 11, 2021, 7:53:27 PM5/11/21
to LUFA Library Support List

Hello @ all,

i am having great succes with thte library using an atmega32u4 as a midi device. However there is a particular case where i find that some stray data appears when connecting the device to an application.

If I press some buttons and generate midi evnets before an aplication has the midiports of the device assigned to IN/OUT. The application will see this data imediatly after the midiports are selected resulting in some unwanted behavior.

I am guessing that the data is waiting in the endpoint ready to be picked up by the application.

Is there a way to prevent that? For example clear the endpoint data as soon as the midi device is selected as an input port for an application?

Would be great if anyone has a suggestion.

Best regards Alexander