Re: [LUFA Support : 4978] ATMega8u2 and example projects

Benjamin Riggs

May 31, 2019, 10:50:04 PM5/31/19
to lufa-s...@googlegroups.com
Low-hanging-fruit question: Are you trying to use more than 4 endpoints (ignoring endpoint 0)?

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 8:31 PM 'scott portier' via LUFA Library Support List <lufa-s...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hello!

I've recently started a project using an ATMega8u2, with a view to using it to emulate a keyboard - I have the LUFA extension installed on AVR Studio and it successfully worked with an ATMega32u4, however compiling for the 8u2, Windows reports a "problem with the device" after it reboots. The only example that appears to work is the Serial port. So I believe the 8u2 is working ok (it has an external 8mhz crystal, with fuses appropriately set). Am I wasting time attempting to use the 8u2 as a HID keyboard device, and use the 32u4 for this, or is this possibly a bug in the library? It just seems a bit of a waste of space to use the 32kb flash 32u4 for something with 4kb of compiled code :)

Thanks,
Scott

Benjamin Riggs
Pronouns: He / Him