Today's C# Meeting - Console Projects

games.bearealis

Mar 7, 2014, 5:49:44 PM3/7/14
to lucs...@googlegroups.com
In our studies of C#, we will be advancing through the three main types of C# programs:
  • Console
  • Windows Form
  • ASP.net
Today we did a group exercise in the first category - Console apps.  We all worked on making programs in which a ball can move around the console.  Next week we can start the second phase in learning to code C# Windows Forms.  Once we have learned that, we can advance to ASP.net web apps.

In our group sessions, a challenge is issued to make some specified type of project (in this case, a moving ball on the console), and we help each other in completing said task.  The first person to complete it satisfactorily is issued the Cookie of Successful Code.  Congratulations to Katie for winning this week's cookie!

Attached is a project I made as part of today's activity, so that you can see what we did, and learn it yourself.  (Each person's project was different; this is just an example.)

I'll see you all next Friday!
~Bryan
C#ConsolePhysics.zip

games.bearealis

Mar 18, 2014, 6:45:02 PM3/18/14
to lucs...@googlegroups.com
Last Friday we worked on making custom controls for C# forms!

Here's an example of a custom numeric slider!

This Friday, I think we'll work on customized drawing straight to the form or other controls, instead of just displaying standard controls, if that sounds good to everyone!  After that, we'll begin ASP.net coding!
CustomControl01.zip

games.bearealis

Mar 21, 2014, 6:47:17 PM3/21/14
to lucs...@googlegroups.com
Today we worked on drawing within C# Windows forms!  The task was to make a ball that can move with key-presses and is confined to a drawing canvas.

The Cookie of Successful Code was won by Daniel, who also implemented multi-threading to make a game loop. (I recommend looking through the code to understand how it works, as an exercise - it covers most of the basic C# skillset we want everyone participating to know, but be warned: there are very few comments)
His project is attached. (note: when running the program, controls are WASD, and you may want to make the panel back-color darker to see the ball)

Next week we will begin our explorations into ASP.NET!

On Friday, March 7, 2014 4:49:44 PM UTC-6, games.bearealis wrote:
PacNorris 0.1.zip