Sending mail from php

Gary Clemans-Gibbon

Oct 26, 2004, 4:38:57 PM10/26/04
Hi I'm trying to send mail from php within chroot using pear phpmailer
class. (OpenBSD 3.4, postfix)

My mailing php script gives the following output. Please can anyone
suggest what is missing?

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.xxxxxxxxxx.com:25 in
/pear/lib/class.smtp.php on line 105 SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to
server: Operation timed out (60) Message could not be sent.

Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: connect_host

my mailing script is as follows..

<?php
require("class.phpmailer.php");

$mail = new PHPMailer();
$mail->IsSMTP();
$mail->SMTPDebug = true;
$mail->Host = "mail.xxxxxxxxx.com";
$mail->SetLanguage("en");
$mail->From = "te...@xxxxxxxxx.com";
$mail->FromName = "Mailer";
$mail->AddAddress("te...@xxxxxxxx.com", "Test");
$mail->AddReplyTo("in...@example.com", "Information");
$mail->WordWrap = 50;
$mail->Subject = "Here is the subject";
$mail->Body = "This is the HTML message body <b>in bold!</b>";
$mail->AltBody = "This is the body in plain text for non-HTML mail
clients";

if(!$mail->Send())
{
echo "Message could not be sent. <p>";
echo "Mailer Error: " . $mail->ErrorInfo;
exit;
}

echo "Message has been sent";
?>

xxxxxxxxx to protect the guilty :)
thanks
Gary

Sean

Oct 26, 2004, 5:36:12 PM10/26/04
For whatever reason, you couldn't connect to the destination mail
server. Try confirming that it's actually accessible by telneting to
mail.xxxxxxx.com:25 from your PHP box.

Sean

LOYET Jérôme

Oct 26, 2004, 5:43:51 PM10/26/04
Is your Chroot Apache has access to a DNS server and could it reach it?

Create /var/www/etc/resolv.conf and put the IP of your favourite DNS Server
in.

I'm not sure be it could be that.

I hope it could help you,

++ Jerome

Gary Clemans-Gibbon

Oct 27, 2004, 5:51:39 PM10/27/04
OK I guess that could the problem,

# telnet localhost 25
telnet: localhost: no address associated with name
localhost: No address associated with name

telnet 127.0.0.1 25 gives the same result but telnet mail.xxxxxxx.com
25 works.

I think the hosts file is doing it's job though because when I run the
following php script I get 127.0.0.1 as the output in the browser..

<?php
$ip = gethostbyname('mail.xxxxxxxxx.com');
echo $ip;
?>

thanks
Gary

--
regards
Gary

"The cosmos is all it is, all it ever was and all it ever will be" -
Carl Sagan

Peeter Hacks

Mar 3, 2022, 12:41:34 AM3/3/22
*==*FULLZ & TOOLZ STORE*==*

**Contact 24/7**
Telegram > @leadsupplier
ICQ > 752822040
Skype > Peeterhacks
Wicker me > peeterhacks

**HIGH CREDIT SCORES SSN FULLZ AVAILABLE**

>For tax filling/return
>SSN DOB DL all info included
>For SBA & PUA
>Fresh spammed & Fresh database

**TOOLS & TUTORIALS AVAILABLE FOR HACKING SPAMMING
CARDING CASHOUT CLONING SCRIPTING**

Fullz info included
NAME+SSN+DOB+DL+DL-STATE+ADDRESS
Employee & Bank details included
High credit fullz with DL 700+
(bulk order preferable)
**Payment in all crypto currencies will be accepted**

->You can buy few for testing
->Invalid or wrong info will be replaced
->Serious buyers contact me for long term business & excellent profit
->Genuine & Verified stuff

TOOLS & TUTORIALS AVAILABLE:

"SPAMMING" "HACKING" "CARDING" "CASH OUT"
"KALI LINUX" "BLOCKCHAIN BLUE PRINTS" "SCRIPTING"

**TOOLS & TUTORIALS LIST**

=>US CC Fullz
=>Ethical Hacking Tools & Tutorials
=>Bitcoin Hacking
=>Kali Linux
=>Keylogger & Keystroke Logger
=>Bulk SMS Sender
=>Facebook & Google Hacking
=>Bitcoin Flasher
=>SQL Injector
=>Logins Premium (PayPal/Amazon/Coinbase/Netflix/FedEx/Banks)
=>Bitcoin Cracker
=>SMTP Linux Root
=>Shell Scripting
=>DUMPS with pins track 1 and 2 with & without pin
=>SMTP's, Safe Socks, Rdp's brute
=>PHP mailer
=>SMS Sender & Email Blaster
=>Cpanel
=>Server I.P's & Proxies
=>Viruses & VPN's
=>HQ Email Combo (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, AOL, etc.)

==>Contact 24/7<==
Telegram> @leadsupplier
ICQ> 752822040
Skype> Peeterhacks
Wicker me > peeterhacks

*Serious buyers are always welcome
*Big Discount in bulk order
*Offer gives monthly, quarterly, half yearly & yearly
*Hope we do a great business together

**You should try at least once**