xen vps issue loading disk?

Henrik Hudson

Apr 6, 2010, 5:40:32 PM4/6/10
to freebsd...@freebsd.org
Hey Stable,

I recently setup a Xen VPS running FreeBSD and the system came with
8.0-REL-p2 on it. I rebuilt world and then kernel using a 100%
stock GENERIC i386. after installkernel and reboot the system
stops at "trying to load disk: /dev/ad0s1a" (or similar; i forget
the exact device node at the moment). I'm able to reset and boot
kernel.old fine.

Did I miss something or is there a regression somewhere?

Henrik
--
Henrik Hudson
li...@rhavenn.net

Pieter de Goeje

Apr 7, 2010, 6:35:22 PM4/7/10
to freebsd...@freebsd.org, Henrik Hudson
On Tuesday 06 April 2010 23:40:32 Henrik Hudson wrote:
> Hey Stable,
>
> I recently setup a Xen VPS running FreeBSD and the system came with
> 8.0-REL-p2 on it. I rebuilt world and then kernel using a 100%
> stock GENERIC i386. after installkernel and reboot the system
> stops at "trying to load disk: /dev/ad0s1a" (or similar; i forget
> the exact device node at the moment). I'm able to reset and boot
> kernel.old fine.
>
> Did I miss something or is there a regression somewhere?
>
> Henrik

There is a predefined kernel configuration file for Xen: XEN. You might try
building that.

--
Pieter de Goeje

Matthew Seaman