CARP in 5.4-RELEASE

Gleb Smirnoff

Feb 24, 2005, 8:13:36 AM2/24/05
to sta...@freebsd.org
Dear colleagues,

I'm glad to announce CARP support already commited to HEAD. The porting
job has been done by Max Laier, and I'm going to maintain CARP in the
nearest future, because I use it at my day job.

We will do our best to ship 5.4-RELEASE with CARP. Long time ago Max has
extended struct ifnet before RELENG_5 branching. With this far-seeing
change we can now MFC without ABI breakage. Patches for RELENG_5, that
are going to be commited soon are available here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~glebius/totest/carp-RELENG_5-patch

If you are interested in CARP, or if you are going to use it in near future,
then do not hesitate, download the patch and try it out!

Before asking any questions, pls consult man page. It is already in the patch.
If you still have questions, I'd be glad to help you.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE

Gleb Smirnoff

Mar 1, 2005, 9:19:38 AM3/1/05
to sta...@freebsd.org
The patch at

http://people.freebsd.org/~glebius/totest/carp-RELENG_5-patch

has been updates to reflect latest changes commited to HEAD.

If you are using it please send me your reports, both positive
and negative. Thanks!

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 04:13:36PM +0300, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
T> Dear colleagues,
T>
T> I'm glad to announce CARP support already commited to HEAD. The porting
T> job has been done by Max Laier, and I'm going to maintain CARP in the
T> nearest future, because I use it at my day job.
T>
T> We will do our best to ship 5.4-RELEASE with CARP. Long time ago Max has
T> extended struct ifnet before RELENG_5 branching. With this far-seeing
T> change we can now MFC without ABI breakage. Patches for RELENG_5, that
T> are going to be commited soon are available here:
T>
T> http://people.freebsd.org/~glebius/totest/carp-RELENG_5-patch
T>
T> If you are interested in CARP, or if you are going to use it in near future,
T> then do not hesitate, download the patch and try it out!
T>
T> Before asking any questions, pls consult man page. It is already in the patch.
T> If you still have questions, I'd be glad to help you.
T>
T> --
T> Totus tuus, Glebius.
T> GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE

Gleb Smirnoff

Mar 10, 2005, 11:32:40 AM3/10/05
to sta...@freebsd.org
The patch

http://people.freebsd.org/~glebius/totest/carp-RELENG_5-patch

has been updated to the version, that I'm going to merge to RELENG_5.
This is last call for testing.