iwi problems on -CURRENT (Apr 6. 2010)

Adam K Kirchhoff

Apr 6, 2010, 9:35:21 AM4/6/10
to freeb...@freebsd.org
I'm having some problems with iwi on -CURRENT.

FreeBSD scroll.ashke.com 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #1: Sat Apr 3
EDT 2010...@scroll.ashke.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SCROLL i386

Though this also happens with GENERIC.

In loader.conf I have:

if_iwi_load="YES"
iwi_bss_load="YES"
legal.intel_iwi.license_ack=1

In /etc/rc.conf I have:

wlans_iwi0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="DHCP wpa"

Upon bootup, iwi fails to work with:

iwi0:<Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG> at device 3.0 on pci3
iwi0: [ITHREAD]
iwi0: parity error
iwi0: timeout waiting for iwi_bss firmware initialization to complete
iwi0: could not load boot firmware iwi_bss
iwi0: timeout waiting for master

According to the iwi man page, "could not load boot firmware" "should
not happen":-)

Any thoughts on how to get this working? For what it's worth, I
installed FreeBSD on this machine earlier this week, immediately
upgraded to -CURRENT (previous installations from the 8-STABLE series
on this laptop refused to let any wireless driver connect to the APs at
work, so I specifically wanted to see if this had been fixed in
-CURRENT), and iwi worked fine for a few days. Then it stopped, though
I did not change anything on the system. I updated -CURRENT today to
see if doing so would get iwi working again, but it did not.

Adam

Rui Paulo

Apr 6, 2010, 11:00:12 AM4/6/10
to Adam K Kirchhoff, freeb...@freebsd.org

If it was working fine and you didn't touch anything it can be a hardware fault. Can you boot other OS to check?

Regards,
--
Rui Paulo

Adam K Kirchhoff

Apr 6, 2010, 12:37:23 PM4/6/10
to Rui Paulo, freeb...@freebsd.org

Shoot, good catch. It doesn't show up in pciconf nor with the Ubuntu
9.10 CD I have here. Thanks. Guess it's time to get my atheros pccard
working.

Adam