Re: HEADS UP: COMPAT_IA32 renamed COMPAT_FREEBSD32

Andrius Morkūnas

Mar 15, 2010, 8:59:54 AM3/15/10
to Ian FREISLICH, FreeBSD-CURRENT Mailing List, freebs...@freebsd.org, freebs...@freebsd.org, Hajimu UMEMOTO, Nathan Whitehorn
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:49:11 +0200, Ian FREISLICH <ia...@clue.co.za> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I originally wasn't going to weigh in on this, but:
>
> options COMPAT_FREEBSD4 #Compatible with FreeBSD4
> options COMPAT_FREEBSD5 #Compatible with FreeBSD5
> options COMPAT_FREEBSD6 #Compatible with FreeBSD6
> options COMPAT_FREEBSD7 #Compatible with FreeBSD7
> options COMPAT_FREEBSD32
>
> Thanks for the advance notice that FreeBSD will be EoL before RELENG_32.

Well... BSD *is* dying. Now we know when to expect it to finally happen.

--
Andrius

Justin Hibbits

Mar 15, 2010, 8:56:46 AM3/15/10
to Ian FREISLICH, Nathan Whitehorn, FreeBSD-CURRENT Mailing List, Hajimu UMEMOTO, freebs...@freebsd.org, freebs...@freebsd.org
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Ian FREISLICH <ia...@clue.co.za> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I originally wasn't going to weigh in on this, but:
>
> options COMPAT_FREEBSD4 #Compatible with FreeBSD4
> options COMPAT_FREEBSD5 #Compatible with FreeBSD5
> options COMPAT_FREEBSD6 #Compatible with FreeBSD6
> options COMPAT_FREEBSD7 #Compatible with FreeBSD7
> options COMPAT_FREEBSD32
>
> Thanks for the advance notice that FreeBSD will be EoL before RELENG_32.
>

> Ian

Use Babylonian counting (base 60) and we have almost 200 years before
worrying about that.

Ian FREISLICH