Intel G945GSE (Atom-based)

Jeremie Le Hen

Apr 4, 2010, 11:42:13 AM4/4/10
to freebsd-...@freebsd.org, jer...@le-hen.org
Hi,

--->> Please Cc: me when replying, I am not subscribed. <<---

I was initially planning to buy a Zotac Ion ITX motherboard (nVidia Ion
chipset), but I'm afraid that I won't be well supported on FreeBSD.
Thus I plan to buy an Intel D945GSE motherboard instead. I think this
one is more common and should have better support.

Does anyone use this motherboard on FreeBSD? Does it work correctly?

I'm planning to build a small NAS running either -STABLE or -CURRENT, if
it is required for hardware support, offering NFS/CIFS access to ZFS
filesystems. Would this hardware be sufficient performance-wise?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen

Humans are born free and equal. But some are more equal than others.
Coluche