code.google -> Xpra (anyone planning to port it ?) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

1 view

Wilkinson, Alex

Jan 19, 2010, 9:42:45 PM1/19/10
to freebsd...@freebsd.org, freeb...@freebsd.org
Howdy people,

This looks like a very nice app, has anyone got it working on FreeBSD yet ?

http://code.google.com/p/partiwm/wiki/xpra

-Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.

ALIP BUDIANTO

Jan 19, 2010, 10:35:54 PM1/19/10
to freebsd...@freebsd.org, freeb...@freebsd.org

Woah I never thought a application like this ever existed! Should really go
in trunk due to the usefullness and beta status :( .

Ivan Voras

Jan 20, 2010, 3:58:14 AM1/20/10
On 01/20/10 03:42, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
> Howdy people,
>
> This looks like a very nice app, has anyone got it working on FreeBSD yet ?
>
> http://code.google.com/p/partiwm/wiki/xpra

x11vnc works reasonably good :)

Wilkinson, Alex

Jan 20, 2010, 3:59:47 AM1/20/10
to freebsd...@freebsd.org, freeb...@freebsd.org

true. but this still looks great :)

Daniel O'Connor

Jan 21, 2010, 7:26:23 AM1/21/10
to freebsd...@freebsd.org, freeb...@freebsd.org, Wilkinson, Alex
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
> This looks like a very nice app, has anyone got it working on FreeBSD
> yet ?
>
> http://code.google.com/p/partiwm/wiki/xpra

It worked for me, and was pretty straight forward.

It has a Linux'ism where it closes all the FD's after demonizing but I
have a patch for that (it works without it anyway).

The README is very helpful, it mentions what you will need to install
(Xvfb, py-gtk2, pyrex, etc).

are so many of them to choose from."
-- Andrew Tanenbaum

signature.asc

martinko

Apr 10, 2010, 4:14:47 PM4/10/10
Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
> Howdy people,
>
> This looks like a very nice app, has anyone got it working on FreeBSD yet ?
>
> http://code.google.com/p/partiwm/wiki/xpra
>
> -Alex

Well, and what about http://code.google.com/p/neatx/ ?
That would be useful! :-)