Cake Poker Glitch

0 vue

dinkydoofus

non lue,
16 nov. 2008, 01:24:1616/11/2008
à Lucky Genius
Okay, so I decided to boneheadedly throw $5.50 in the garbage aka
register for a kamikaze tourney on Cake poker, basically everyone is
all in every hand and you just watch the tournament finish in about 10
hands, or at least thats how its supposed to go, but this time it got
perma-stuck at the final table w 9 ppl left. 40 places pay out and 1st
is a decent $234.24 with about $799 in other money to be paid out.
About an hour and a half after the tourney got stuck I get this email
from Cake poker support:

Dear dinkydoofus,

We just transferred 5.50 into your CakePoker.com (http://
cakepoker.com/) account.

We wish you luck at the tables.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact us at sup...@cakepoker.com (mailto:sup...@cakepoker.com)

Sincerely Yours,

Customer Support Team
CakePoker

well i had a couple of concerns which i expressed in the following
email:

To: sup...@cakepoker.com
Subject: Re: Money transferred into your account

Hello,

I'm currently sitting at the final table of tournament # 35225200 a
$5.5o buyin Kamikaze tournament with 9 people remaining at the table,
9th place is guaranteed $23.20 and the total amount of money that has
not been payed out yet is $799.64. The tournament is currently paused
and has been this way for over an hour. While I do appreciat the 5.50$
that you have put into my account, this hardly seems fair as I am at
LEAST due $23.20 with the possibility of winning $234.24 for first,
not to mention that everyone that has already lost, but placed in the
money received more than $5.50. I hope you guys will do the right
thing in the end whether its a chop based on our stacks or an even
one, because anything short of this will be larceny. I greatly enjoy
playing on your website and I would hate to have this dispute come
inbetween that.

Thank You for you time,
Alek Givotovsky
dinkydoofus

guess what, 5 minutes later there's another email in my inbox:

Hello Alek,

Thank you for your email. Please be assured that this is not the final
payoutr for this tournament. It is simply a gersture of a refund to
players at the stuck final table whilst the matter is being looked
into. Thank you for your patience in this matter. The tournament will
be paid out in full once issues have been resolved.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Randy

CakePoker Support

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, in either case I'll
let you know... I really doubted from the get-go that they would try
to somehow screw 9 players out of ~$800 because thats not what theyre
in the business of doing, but still the glitch and the slow response
is very bothersome, just glad its a $5 donkament

Dinky

dinkydoofus

non lue,
19 nov. 2008, 11:59:2019/11/2008
à Lucky Genius
Ok so its time for some due diligence... last time I left with $5.50
in pocket and a letter from Cake promising more. This was Saturday
night... On monday night my patience ran out and I sent the following
email to them:

Hello,

I am still really confused as to what happened. The tournament froze
at the final table, I got sent $5.50 as the orignial email all the way
at the bottom states. I then replied asking what, if anything was
going to be done further to clarify the issue, and I was told "Please
be assured that this is not the final payout for this tournament",
however the only record I have of being reimbursed for that tournament
indicates that I received $5.50. If this is not the only money I got
credited for this torunament please let me know what the additional
amount was because I have no record of it in my cashier history or
email.

Thank You,
Alek Givotovsky
dinkydoofus

this was their reply:

Hello Alek,

Thank you for your email. As stated below due to winning the 9th plaze
in the $5 Kamikaze you were refunded with the amount of the winnings
for the appropriate place, which was in your case $36.37. As stated
below:

Won 9th place, tournament: 3525200 36.37

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Mark

CakePoker Support.

So 2 days later after the tournament was frozen I finally received my
money and an explanation from Cake poker. To be honest I never doubted
that Cake poker would make this thing right ( and I actually wound up
making more $ on the shop thatn I was guaranteed... I was last in
chips on the FT of a tourney where everyone is forced to go all in
every hand, so my chances of success were low). The irritating thing
about this is the time factor. I've had tournaments crash on me on
Full Tilt and they've always been very very prompt with their
the world (far from it), but to be honest I am a little dissapointed
by th e whole ordeal and the long response times invlolved. Despite
this I will play on Cake because they have a very soft player field
and some damn decent tournaments.

Dinky

On Nov 16, 1:24 am, dinkydoofus <dinkydoo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Okay, so I decided to boneheadedly throw $5.50 in the garbage aka
> register for a kamikaze tourney on Cake poker, basically everyone is
> all in every hand and you just watch the tournament finish in about 10
> hands, or at least thats how its supposed to go, but this time it got
> perma-stuck at the final table w 9 ppl left. 40 places pay out and 1st
> is a decent $234.24 with about $799 in other money to be paid out.
> About an hour and a half after the tourney got stuck I get this email
> from Cake poker support:
>
> Dear dinkydoofus,
>
> We just transferred 5.50 into your CakePoker.com (http://
> cakepoker.com/) account.
>
> We wish you luck at the tables.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
> contact us at supp...@cakepoker.com (mailto:supp...@cakepoker.com)
>
> Sincerely Yours,
>
> Customer Support Team
> CakePoker
>
> well i had a couple of concerns which i expressed in the following
> email:
>
> To: supp...@cakepoker.com
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur