Lucee on Windows Server 2016?

Bill Dahl

Jan 5, 2017, 7:38:17 PM1/5/17
to Lucee
Is anyone running Lucee on a Windows Server 2016 install yet?  Is it compatible?

From what I've read so far attempting to install Coldfusion version 2016 in a Windows Server 2016 will result in a failed install (it's not listed as compatible yet in their support matrix https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/coldfusion2016-support-matrix.pdf
so wasn't sure if Lucee worked or not.

Jordan Michaels

Jan 5, 2017, 8:31:12 PM1/5/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I haven't done any testing of the installers on Windows Server 2016 at this point, but then Windows Server 2016 is only a couple months old. ;)

If you have a moment, why not try it and let us know how it goes?

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

Igal @ Lucee.org

Jan 5, 2017, 8:33:56 PM1/5/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com

I don't see any reason for Lucee to not run on Windows 2016.  If the installer has some compatibility issues then those can be addressed, but Lucee as a Java Servlet should run without any problem.

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Clayton Davis

Jan 6, 2017, 10:08:28 AM1/6/17
to Lucee
Yes, I am running Lucee 5 on server 2016 without any issues. I have more issues with Windows security updates though, so you may want to hold off unless absolutely necessary.