Where to raise issues with luceedocs UI/UX

Adam Cameron

Feb 26, 2015, 2:59:25 PM2/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
G'day:
SSIA, really.  If I was encountering code issues, I'd raise 'em on https://github.com/cybersonic/luceedocs/issues; however I've just noticed a coupla general "information presentation" & usability issues which could perhaps use consideration. Where best to put 'em?

--
Adam

Sean Corfield

Feb 26, 2015, 4:04:24 PM2/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, I opened issues for UI/UX stuff in that same place (and Mark already fixed some of them).

Sean

Peter Boughton

Feb 26, 2015, 4:23:07 PM2/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
If you've identified an issue (whether in code or elsewhere), raise it
in the tracker that is linked to the repository that will be modified
in order to fix the problem.

That the necessary changes to solve the issue aren't yet clear isn't
relevant - raise the issue still, have a brief discussion there (maybe
someone will point out an easy & obvious solution), and if it would
benefit from a larger audience or whatever then at that point start a
thread on a relevant mailing list (i.e. here) that refers to the issue.

Adam Cameron

Feb 26, 2015, 4:41:07 PM2/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, lu...@sorcerersisle.com

On Friday, 27 February 2015 10:23:07 UTC+13, Peter Boughton wrote:
If you've identified an issue (whether in code or elsewhere), raise it
in the tracker that is linked to the repository that will be modified
in order to fix the problem.

OK, so I have to work out who's working on what bit (and which bits there even are) of it before I raise an issue? There's no one central place for "issues with the docs site"?

I'm only really aware of Mark's repo. Are there other ones?

Sorry to be a bit ignorant sounding, but haven't been tracking the discussions as which part Heath Robinson is working on, and which bits Rube Goldberg is dealing with ;-)

There's nothing major that I've found, but figured I should raise 'em.

Cheers Peter.

--
Adam

Adam Cameron

Feb 26, 2015, 4:41:42 PM2/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, 27 February 2015 10:04:24 UTC+13, Sean Corfield wrote:
FWIW, I opened issues for UI/UX stuff in that same place (and Mark already fixed some of them).

Yeah, maybe I'll just do that.

--
Adam

Sean Corfield

Feb 26, 2015, 4:46:19 PM2/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 26, 2015, at 1:41 PM, Adam Cameron <dac...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK, so I have to work out who's working on what bit (and which bits there even are) of it before I raise an issue? There's no one central place for "issues with the docs site"?

Mark’s luceedocs repo is what powers http://www.luceedocs.org so any issues — of any type — with that web site should be logged in that repo.

I'm only really aware of Mark's repo. Are there other ones?

Not that power http://www.luceedocs.org — there are a few other docs projects I think but I don’t even know where their repos are.

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."

Adam Cameron

Feb 26, 2015, 4:50:25 PM2/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On 27 February 2015 at 10:46, Sean Corfield <se...@corfield.org> wrote:
Mark’s luceedocs repo is what powers http://www.luceedocs.org so any issues — of any type — with that web site should be logged in that repo.

I'm only really aware of Mark's repo. Are there other ones?

Not that power http://www.luceedocs.org — there are a few other docs projects I think but I don’t even know where their repos are.

Cool, cheers Sean.

--
Adam