Re: [Lucee] Google Group Migration

Zac Spitzer

Mar 19, 2017, 8:33:57 PM3/19/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
can this be served over https?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Geoff Bowers <mod...@daemon.com.au> wrote:
Google Group Migration

TLDR: we’re migrating the Google Groups to a new forum at http://dev.lucee.org

We’re working hard to improve our communications. Part of that is a broader and more active participation in our communities:

One of the outcomes of this consolidation is the merging of all external channels into a single, segmented forum:

We know the move will be celebrated by some and excoriated by others. We want to work with everyone to make the move as painless as possible.

For those who hate web forums and prefer mailing lists, I’ve prepared a cheat sheet that should help you replicate the mailing list experience faithfully:

In practical terms, the entire history of the mailing list has been captured.  You should be able to reassociate your post history with your forum account.

The mailing list will be set to READ ONLY next weekend. A final migration of remaining posts will follow.

Best regards,

Geoff Bowers
LAS President

Zac Spitzer
+61 405 847 168

Geoff Bowers

Mar 19, 2017, 8:41:12 PM3/19/17
to Lucee

On Monday, 20 March 2017 11:33:57 UTC+11, Zac Spitzer wrote:
can this be served over https?

Eventually, I hope this can be the case.  For now you can authenticate securely via any of the third party oAuth services.

GB

Tom Chiverton

Mar 20, 2017, 7:25:45 AM3/20/17
to Lucee

You can not trust a login form that has appeared from a non-TLS website. If you are seriously suggesting people use Discourse, set it up correctly.

Tom

Zac Spitzer

Mar 20, 2017, 8:38:26 PM3/20/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
heads up dev.lucee.org is down.

it's 2017, all the lucee sites should be using https

Geoff Bowers

Mar 20, 2017, 8:54:45 PM3/20/17
to Lucee
On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 11:38:26 UTC+11, Zac Spitzer wrote:
heads up dev.lucee.org is down.

it's 2017, all the lucee sites should be using https

Apologies for that... just implementing HTTPS. Both oAuth providers and standard web interfaces are all under SSL.

GB

Zac Spitzer

Mar 20, 2017, 8:56:00 PM3/20/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
That's great news Geoff, I had a sneaking suspicion that might be the reason.

Zac Spitzer

Mar 20, 2017, 9:03:40 PM3/20/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
it's up and I'm logged in, thanks for your hard work on this!

is it possible to tweak the new topic form to remind people to mention
which version of lucee they are referring to?

Geoff Bowers

Mar 20, 2017, 9:15:11 PM3/20/17
to Lucee

On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 12:03:40 UTC+11, Zac Spitzer wrote:
it's up and I'm logged in, thanks for your hard work on this!

is it possible to tweak the new topic form to remind people to mention
which version of lucee they are referring to?

That's a great idea!  I'll see what can be done.

GB

Geoff Bowers

Mar 20, 2017, 9:23:46 PM3/20/17
to Lucee

On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 12:15:11 UTC+11, Geoff Bowers wrote:
is it possible to tweak the new topic form to remind people to mention
which version of lucee they are referring to?

That's a great idea!  I'll see what can be done.

Have added:

> - Let us know the specific version of Lucee you are referring to!

That should appear in the help text for anybody's first 2 topics.

GB