Luceedocs+TryCF

Abram Adams

Feb 24, 2015, 2:54:04 PM2/24/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I just submitted a PR for Luceedocs to add the TryCF editor.  Check it out at https://github.com/abramadams/luceedocs (see pr @ https://github.com/cybersonic/luceedocs/pull/22  for the notes).

Currently "live examples" can either be inline code stuffed into the .json file or can be a gist (with the gist ID stuffed into the .json file).  Various other options can be provided in the json file to alter the code runner (see PR for notes).

Check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions.

Mark Drew

Feb 25, 2015, 4:47:48 AM2/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Looking at it now as it  has to be merged into the develop branch along with a bunch of other PR's

Good work sir!

MD

Abram Adams

Feb 25, 2015, 1:58:50 PM2/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! (and good work to you too sir!)

If the docs were to be re-generated/exported is there a way to retain the "example" key?  I haven't looked into how that script runs, but it'd be a shame if someone ran it and wiped out all their live examples.

Also, is there any documentation on the json structure used for the docs?  If so I can add the verbiage on how to add/update the "example" key.

Mark Drew

Feb 25, 2015, 4:44:36 PM2/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
The examples will be added by users by using Github Gists. It is stored separately as the Json is basically "what is there" in Lucee server.

With each version I need to figure out a way to modify the examples, but baby steps at the moment.

I wouldn't count on an example key since, as I said , it will get overriden with each version and it's easier to copy a bunch of examples and manage those external references.

MD