Amazon Linux EC2 Install Message

Jeff Roberson

Nov 24, 2015, 11:47:37 AM11/24/15
to Lucee
Hello all,

I am trying to setup an EC2 Server with Lucee.  I am running RAILO on all our old instances and it seems to play nice with Amazon Linux.

My test is an Amazon Linux 64-bit Medium Instance and using the http://lucee.viviotech.net/downloader.cfm/id/143/file/lucee-4.5.2.018-pl0-linux-x64-installer.run installer. If I install it with just Tomcat it works fine and the install works as expected. I don't attach it to apache for our processing jobs on EC2.

If I try and run the installer and connect it to apache it gives this warning:

Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error running /opt/lucee/sys/install_mod_proxy.sh -m install -t 8888 -f
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf -c /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd: child process exited
abnormally

Press [Enter] to continue:

I was wondering if anyone had run into this issue. Or where I should look to test out if everything is working as expected.

Thanks in Advance.

Jeff

Jordan Michaels

Nov 24, 2015, 3:24:01 PM11/24/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

There's a similar bug report here:
https://github.com/utdream/CFML-Installers/issues/74

However, the issue you're reporting seems a bit different. Would you mind reviewing the install.log file (usually in /opt/lucee) and seeing what the actual error message was? You can also check by running that command manually:

# /opt/lucee/sys/install_mod_proxy.sh -m install -t 8888 -f /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf -c /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd

and seeing what the error is.

It would be nice if Amazon Linux was more standard. =\

Looking forward to your response.

-Jordan
--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html
---

Jeff Roberson

Nov 25, 2015, 12:26:53 PM11/25/15
to Lucee
I'll check it out and post the additional info here.

Thanks

Jeff Roberson

Dec 1, 2015, 2:12:12 PM12/1/15
to Lucee
Jordan,

Okay I reinstalled it and I must have messed up the control file.
It is the same as the ticket you posted.

The mod_cfml install isn't working correctly.

Here's what I did to fix the issue on the 64bit version of Amazon Linux after I ran the http://lucee.viviotech.net/downloader.cfm/id/143/file/lucee-4.5.2.018-pl0-linux-x64-installer.run installer:

# copy the mod_cfml for Apache 2.2 64bit ffrom the lucee directory
cp
/opt/lucee/sys/mod_cfml/centos-httpd22-x64/mod_cfml.so /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/
chmod
755 mod_cfml.so

# Get the Shared Key from  /opt/lucee/tomcat/conf/server.xml
#
#<!-- visit modcfml.org for details on mod_cfml configuration options -->
#        <Valve className="mod_cfml.core"
#                loggingEnabled="false"
#                maxContexts="200"
#                timeBetweenContexts="2000"
#                scanClassPaths="false"
#               sharedKey="SHARED KEY"
#                />
# edit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

DirectoryIndex index.cfm index.cfml index.html index.html.var

# add this to the end of httpd.conf

LoadModule modcfml_module modules/mod_cfml.so
CFMLHandlers ".cfm .cfc .cfml"
ModCFML_SharedKey "SHARED KEY FROM ABOVE"
# Optional, all for logging and debugging:
# LogHeaders true
# LogHandlers true
# LogAliases true
# VDirHeader false

Hopefully this will help out till the installer is modified.

Links :