502 Proxy Errors, High CPU Linix

Nick Batt

Sep 1, 2016, 9:28:15 AM9/1/16
to Lucee
Hi, got my Lucee instance working fine, for a few days, then this morning after updating to the new security fix, I started to get 502 Proxy errors.
I'm running Lucee 5, Linux 64bit, Apache/Tomcat
Seemed to be going swimmingly until then., may be a coincidence of course.

I am not sure where to start looking for this, but currently site down, tried all the usual, httpd/tomcat/lucee and full server restart but same deal, will open a page then start throwing 502 errors.

Had reasonably high traffic moments before this, not got anything particularly new or popular posted, so I'm stumped.

Any ideas where to start?

Thanks

Tom Chiverton

Sep 1, 2016, 9:44:46 AM9/1/16
to Lucee
It sounds like you have not tried undoing the update ?

Tom

Nick Batt

Sep 1, 2016, 10:00:17 AM9/1/16
to Lucee
I have. no difference

Nick Batt

Sep 1, 2016, 11:25:31 AM9/1/16
to Lucee
Very peculiar, I fired up yesterdays instance and it was fine, until I tried to update a particular item via our CMS, might be something to do with a datatype and the Mysql driver or connection, any time I try to edit that item, its borking a 502 and the server load goes way up.
Thing is, I've deleted the item, re-entered it and the same again.

Not had this before, same remote DB server, same code etc. have to get the magnifying glass out and go through it.

Nick Batt

Sep 2, 2016, 8:53:16 AM9/2/16
to Lucee
Found what it was:
I was using a  FileExists(myS3mapping) to see if a thumbnail had been created. it was returning some form of XML data that Lucee didnt understand. In our previous production server, this was not an issue:
Specific error:

"ERROR","http-nio-8888-exec-10","09/02/2016","12:12:26","",";Failed to sanitize XML document destined for handler class org.jets3t.service.impl.rest.XmlResponsesSaxParser$ListBucketHandler;lucee.runtime.exp.NativeException: Failed to sanitize XML document destined for handler class org.jets3t.service.impl.rest.XmlResponsesSaxParser$ListBucketHandler

Hope this helps someone.

        .