No access to Server admin if changing file access to local

Russ Michaels

Mar 15, 2017, 1:33:25 PM3/15/17
to Lucee
I have just setup a Lucee 5.1 server for the first time, all previous server were 4.5

As usual I changed the file access settings to LOCAL instead of ALL.
But this seems to then block access to the lucee server admin after a while, i.e. it is not immediate, but when I next try to login I get this error.

Message can't access [C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context\userdata]> > > > > > > > > > > directory must be inside [C:\inetpub\wwwroot]
 Detail access is prohibited by security manager

To get around this I had to add "C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context\userdata"  as an > > exception to the local file access rule

This never happened with previous versions, is this intentional or a bug ?