Does Lucee support any single character wildcards in QoQ?

Dave Merrill

Jan 20, 2017, 8:32:19 AM1/20/17
to Lucee
As title, asked on SO.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Joseph Gooch

Jan 20, 2017, 8:42:24 AM1/20/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I think you want this:

i.e.
LIKE '_abc' -- any 1 char then abc
LIKE '!_abc' ESCAPE '!' -- actual underscore char then abc

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 8:32 AM, Dave Merrill <enig...@gmail.com> wrote:
As title, asked on SO.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dave Merrill

Jan 20, 2017, 10:37:59 AM1/20/17
to Lucee
Thanks for jumping in. Turns out that Lucee 5.1 crashes if you use NOT LIKE and ESCAPE together:
Encountered "ESCAPE" at line [...]. Was expecting one of: "AND" ... "CONNECT" ...

That's what my code does, so I didn't think ESCAPE was supported at all. Seems like a bug to me.

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 8:42:24 AM UTC-5, Joseph Gooch wrote:
I think you want this:

i.e.
LIKE '_abc' -- any 1 char then abc
LIKE '!_abc' ESCAPE '!' -- actual underscore char then abc

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 8:32 AM, Dave Merrill <enig...@gmail.com> wrote:
As title, asked on SO.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dave Merrill

Jan 20, 2017, 11:04:01 AM1/20/17
to Lucee
https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-1165

Ping if anyone knows anything further about this.

Thanks.

Dave Merrill

Jan 20, 2017, 7:07:43 PM1/20/17
to Lucee
Turns out that using WHERE NOT Name LIKE 'test_' ESCAPE '\', instead of Name NOT LIKE 'test_' ESCAPE '\', works fine, in both ACF and Lucee.

Thanks to Leigh on SO for this.

Dave