New install EC2 linux - virtual host not picking up

Nick Batt

Aug 25, 2016, 1:26:03 PM8/25/16
to Lucee
Hi there, so my install appears to have gone well, running fine on 8888
I have installed apache and added a virtual host as well as one in the tomcat server.xml, but it doesnt appear to be bing picked up, points to the main default /ROOT tomcat site.

Amazon Linux AMI 64 bit. with apache, downloaded Lucee 4.5 with tomcat, installation works, server and web admins are working for the ip but not the virtual host

all CFM site files installed under default /opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/mynewsite

Any pointers?

Thanks

  <Host name="mynewsite.com" appBase="webapps">

             <Context path="" docBase="/opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/mynewsite/mynewsite.com" />

             <Alias>www.mynewsite.com</Alias>

             <Alias>mynewsite.com</Alias>

        </Host>

Can t see any errors in the catalina.out log...

Nick Batt

Aug 25, 2016, 1:29:49 PM8/25/16
to Lucee
I should add, the httpd.conf file

<VirtualHost *:80>

#    ServerAdmin webm...@dummy-host.example.com

    DocumentRoot /opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/mynewsite/mynewsite.com

    ServerName www. mynewsite.com

   ServerAlias mynewsite.com

</VirtualHost>

Jordan Michaels

Aug 25, 2016, 4:19:06 PM8/25/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Did you restart Lucee after you made the change to Tomcat? Since you added the new host to the server.xml file, you can check the catalina.out log and see if that context is getting created when Tomcat boots.

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

Nick Batt

Aug 30, 2016, 7:52:48 AM8/30/16
to Lucee
Thanks, server entry is in the server.xml file as follows:

restart lucee from server admin results in only the ROOT instance

Tue Aug 30 11:48:42 UTC 2016-324 Start CFML Controller

WEB CONTEXT (e07d7ff0a4784204420747912bb703a4)

- config:/opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lucee

- webroot:/opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/

- hash:e07d7ff0a4784204420747912bb703a4

- label:e07d7ff0a4784204420747912bb703a4

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.http.client.protocol.RequestAddCookies).

log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.

In server admin, only ROOT instance is listed in the overview  - no sign of the new site I added.

Message has been deleted

Nick Batt

Aug 31, 2016, 9:13:08 AM8/31/16
to Lucee
Sorted - needed to reboot tomcat, not Lucee. Now the file structure has been written and I'm up and running.
Pretty seamless process, reckon it would take about and hour and a half to build a server from a vanilla EC2 Linux AMI, pull the code in from SVN and configure.

nice work.