virtual directories / mappings

DMan

Feb 17, 2015, 4:40:17 PM2/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I'm not 100% how to configure virtual directories using Lucee :(
I see mappings under the REST/ mappings menu and under the Archive & Resources mappings menu ? Which one is the correct one for virtual directories?

Where do :
{lucee-server}
{lucee-server}/context/

and
{lucee-config}/context/

map to ?

I want to localhost:8888/applicationA to map to /www/applicationA and that any references eg a href="/blah" map to the root of that directory.

Thanks,

Andrew Dixon

Feb 17, 2015, 4:45:25 PM2/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Yes you are in the right place, just go ahead and add your mapping there, specifying "applicationA" as your virtual and "/www/applicationA" as your resource.

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me
mso - Lucee - Member

DMan

Feb 17, 2015, 4:45:37 PM2/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying
virtual : /components
Resource: /Users/username/Downloads/lucee-4.5.1.000-express/webapps/ROOT/website

however when I goto http://localhost:8888/components I get a

HTTP Status 404 - /components

type Status report

message /components

description The requested resource is not available.

Apache Tomcat/8.0.15

back from Tomcat.

Jordan Michaels

Feb 17, 2015, 4:51:30 PM2/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
maybe something like the following in your tomcat server.xml:

<Host name="lucee.org" appBase="webapps">
<Context path="" docBase="/var/sites/getrailo.org" />
<Context path="/components" docBase="/var/someotherdir/components" />
<Alias>www.lucee.org</Alias>
<Alias>my.lucee.org</Alias>
</Host>

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels

On 02/17/2015 01:45 PM, DMan wrote:
> I'm trying
> virtual : /components
> Resource:
> /Users/username/Downloads/lucee-4.5.1.000-express/webapps/ROOT/website
>
> however when I goto http://localhost:8888/components I get a
>

> HTTP Status 404 - /components
>
> *type* Status report
>
> *message* _/components_
>
> *description* _The requested resource is not available._

> Apache Tomcat/8.0.15
>

> back from Tomcat.
>

> On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 9:40:17 PM UTC, DMan wrote:
>
> I'm not 100% how to configure virtual directories using Lucee :(
> I see mappings under the REST/ mappings menu and under the Archive &
> Resources mappings menu ? Which one is the correct one for virtual
> directories?
>
> Where do :
> {lucee-server}
> {lucee-server}/context/
>
> and
> {lucee-config}/context/
>
> map to ?
>
> I want to localhost:8888/applicationA to map to /www/applicationA
> and that any references eg a href="/blah" map to the root of that
> directory.
>

> Thanks,
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/39c80f0e-7edd-4917-b683-c14904c16ef4%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/39c80f0e-7edd-4917-b683-c14904c16ef4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Andrew Dixon

Feb 17, 2015, 5:01:45 PM2/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Trying adding a slash at the end, e.g.

http://localhost:8888/components/

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me
mso - Lucee - Member

DMan

Feb 18, 2015, 6:27:59 AM2/18/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the replies. Here is my update.

I got the <host> </host> entry in server.xml working. It's not exactly what I want as it requires a modification to /etc/hosts but it will suffice.

I wonder can anyone get virtual mappings working ? If so could they post a screenshot of a working one?