https & lucee 4.5.3.005

Ivan

Feb 12, 2016, 12:24:29 PM2/12/16
to Lucee
Hello to all,
today I upgraded from version 4.5.3.002 to 4.5.3.005 and does not work me the https calls. I use the cfmailgun component and that makes a https call, but it gives me back error: MailGun response body: [Connection Failure]

I opened a ticket with mailgun. For them it's all ok.

is a problem of the latest Lucee updates?

Ivan

Feb 12, 2016, 12:36:56 PM2/12/16
to Lucee

  • I tried from the terminal server and it works:

  curl -s --user 'api:YOUR_API_KEY' \
    -F from='Excited User <mailgun@YOUR_DOMAIN_NAME>' \
    -F to=YOU@YOUR_DOMAIN_NAME \
    -F to=b...@example.com \
    -F subject='Hello' \
    -F text='Testing some Mailgun awesomness!'

  • I tried to remove the latest patches. Back to Lucee version 4.5.3.002. But it does not work!

Ivan

Feb 12, 2016, 12:51:27 PM2/12/16
to Lucee

Ivan

Feb 12, 2016, 1:01:16 PM2/12/16
to Lucee

I did a test like that and it works...

<cfhttp method="get" url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucee" resolveurl="yes">

<cfoutput>
#cfhttp.FileContent#
</cfoutput>

I do not know what else I can try ...

Allen Weng

Feb 13, 2016, 8:33:39 AM2/13/16
to Lucee
Hi, Ivan

I don't know cfmailgun, but can you please try to downgrade your httpclient related jars to be version 4.3? (you might have the latest, version 4.5)
we had other cfhttp issue with lucee and those version 4.3 jars was the only solution we found... please see https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-669

you can download version 4.3 @ http://archive.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpclient/binary/httpcomponents-client-4.3.6-bin.zip

unzip this file, rename

httpclient-4.3.6.jar
httpcore-4.3.3.jar
httpmime-4.3.6.jar

apache-commons-httpclient.jar
apache-commons-httpcore.jar
apache-commons-httpmime.jar

backup those original 3 jars from your Lucee 'lib' folder to other directory outside Lucee lib...
stop Lucee, then replace the jars files with version 4.3 in the Lucee lib folder.
restart Lucee and try cfmailgun again

if it is still not working, roll back to the jars you backup....

hope this helps...

Allen

Andrew Dixon

Feb 13, 2016, 9:26:36 AM2/13/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan and Allen,

Which version of the JVM are you guys running, if you are 1.8 that the 4.5 files should work fine in all situations. If you are 1.6 or 1.7 then whilst the 4.3 one might work (in your case Allen) they probably will not work in all situation, particularly with https requests.

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html
---

Allen Weng

Feb 13, 2016, 9:45:56 AM2/13/16
to Lucee
Hi, Andrew:

We are using Java 8.

Please try the code Tim posted in LDEV-669 using version 4.5 in Lucee...

You will see the difference between Lucee and ACF.
If you try version 4.3 with Lucee, the result in both ACF and Lucee are the same.

Also, like my comment in LDEV-669, I have tried all related Lucee issues with version 4.3 and they all work.

The httpclient jar included in Amazon AWS SDK is also still the version 4.3...

Thanks!

Allen

Ivan

Feb 13, 2016, 12:44:17 PM2/13/16
to Lucee
Hello,
The component httpclient I updated in December 2015 when I did the clean install of Lucee (I also updated sun-mail.jar). Today, for safety, I updated again httpclient to 4.5.1 version. The problem is not solved.

I have a 1.8.0_66 Java version.

Ivan

Feb 13, 2016, 12:53:17 PM2/13/16
to Lucee
I'm trying to debug... This is the most specific error:

Unexpected mailgun response. Expected a validate object (structure) but received: [{"charset":"","text":true,"errordetail":"Unknown host: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target","filecontent":"Connection Failure","responseheader":{},"header":"","statuscode":"Connection Failure. Status code unavailable.","mimetype":"Unable to determine MIME type of file."}]

Allen Weng

Feb 13, 2016, 3:34:21 PM2/13/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Ivan..

My suggestion was to downgrade those libs to version 4.3 and give it a try.....

we also have problem with 4.5

I believe the Lucee clean install gave you 4.5 also

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html
---

Andrew Dixon

Feb 13, 2016, 3:38:59 PM2/13/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
A clean install of 4.5.2.018 will give you version 4.5 of the http libs. I'll give the stuff on the ticket a try and see if I can reproduce it.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Ivan

Feb 15, 2016, 4:34:40 AM2/15/16
to Lucee
Hi Andrew,
open you the ticket?

Dominic Watson

Feb 15, 2016, 6:57:42 AM2/15/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
FWiW, we've just started seeing this same error for a mailgun connection on code that hasn't changed. My guess is that Mailgun have recently changed their certificate / settings on the TLS connection and that's causing difficulties with Lucee. Investigating our own situation now.

On 15 February 2016 at 09:34, Ivan <ivan....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Andrew,
open you the ticket?

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html
---

Pixl8 Interactive, 3 Tun Yard, Peardon Street, London
SW8 3HT, United Kingdom

T: +44 [0] 845 260 0726 W: www.pixl8.co.uk E: in...@pixl8.co.uk

Follow us on: Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED - This e-mail and any attachment is intended solely for the addressee, is strictly confidential and may also be subject to legal, professional or other privilege or may be protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you are not the addressee please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead, please email it back to the sender and then immediately permanently delete it. Pixl8 Interactive Ltd Registered in England. Registered number: 04336501. Registered office: 8 Spur Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EB

Ivan

Feb 15, 2016, 7:01:42 AM2/15/16
to Lucee
@Allen Weng: I tried to do a downgrade to 4.3.6 version of the component but the situation has not changed.
@Dominic Watson: ok!

Dominic Watson

Feb 15, 2016, 7:25:18 AM2/15/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I've just tried this and got it working:

1. First I got a local test code trying to call the API and getting the same connection error
2. Log in to Lucee *server* admin and navigate to "SSL Certificates"
3. Enter "mailgun.com" in the Host field (without the quotes)
4. Hit "list" button
5. Hit "install" button

That's it. The API then started working for me.

On 15 February 2016 at 12:01, Ivan <ivan....@gmail.com> wrote:
@Allen Weng: I tried to do a downgrade to 4.3.6 version of the component but the situation has not changed.
@Dominic Watson: ok!

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html
---

Ivan

Feb 15, 2016, 7:29:13 AM2/15/16
to Lucee
Thanks! it was the first thing I had to do, but I forgot to do it… -_-

Bob Taves

Mar 15, 2016, 11:02:41 PM3/15/16
to Lucee
Dominic, I need to buy you dinner my friend. Ended up landing here from Google for a different (but related) issue and this little gem was all I had to do. I wonder; is this adding certificates to the Java keystore? In any event, this kind of thing right here is what makes Lucee the premium ColdFusion server.

For future Google generations, the error I was getting was:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target