java.lang.InterruptedException errors from CFLOCK (in Railo!)

Peter Jackson

Mar 16, 2017, 6:17:17 AM3/16/17
to Lucee
Using Railo 4.1.2 on production servers and planning a move to Lucee soon.

Just started getting frequent java.lang.InterruptedException errors from CFLOCK calls.  Because of where they are happening (i.e. a named lock around short duration actions), I'm pretty sure, it's not a timeout on the CFLOCK.  There's been no change to Railo or Java on the servers.  The top part of the stack trace is shown below.

I've searched extensively and can find previous occurrences of the problem but no solutions.

My reason reason for asking here is to see if any ex-Railo users, or the Railo / Lucee developers remember seeing and fixing this in the past.  If it's an issue that goes away after an update to Railo / Lucee / Java, that would give me a compelling reason to switch.

I'm totally stumped.

Thanks, Peter

Message string java.lang.InterruptedException
StackTrace string java.lang.InterruptedException
        at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.tryAcquireNanos(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1244):1244
        at java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantReadWriteLock$WriteLock.tryLock(ReentrantReadWriteLock.java:1115):1115
        at railo.commons.lock.rw.RWLock.lock(RWLock.java:30):30
        at railo.commons.lock.rw.RWWrap.lock(RWKeyLock.java:129):129
        at railo.commons.lock.rw.RWKeyLock.lock(RWKeyLock.java:35):35
        at railo.runtime.lock.LockManagerImpl.lock(LockManagerImpl.java:37):37
        at railo.runtime.tag.Lock.doStartTag(Lock.java:221):221