lucee server regional time issue

Brian FitzGerald

Apr 18, 2016, 8:03:51 PM4/18/16
to Lucee
Hey guys, I am getting unexpected reporting for regional times in my lucee application. ILucee Admin > Regional >  Time Zone I have the time zone set to America/New York. However, Lucee seems to be using Sydney, Australia time. I notice there are two entries displayed under "current time settings" one for "Server date/time" and the other for "Lucee date/time". For me, the server date/time seems correct and the lucee date/time does not. How can I set them both to America/New York?

Also, is there a way to set this in code rather than having to adjust the settings via the administrator. I ask because my application is running in an autoscaling group and when new servers get spun up, I still need this time to be accurate without manually tweaking that setting (if possible). Can you help me shed some light on this?

Brian FitzGerald

Apr 18, 2016, 11:47:52 PM4/18/16
to Lucee
Still not sure what the two different time zone displays are about, but Brad Wood helped me figure out that I could set this.timezone = "America/New_York"; in Application.cfc... and it worked like a champ. Thanks Brad