ApplicationScopeTracker Class not Found & Class path definition

Chris Young

Feb 10, 2017, 5:39:11 AM2/10/17
to Lucee
Hi There,

I currently trying to move a CF application over to Lucee, however I am getting the following error:

cannot load class through its string name, because no definition for the class with the specified name [coldfusion.runtime.ApplicationScopeTracker] could be found caused by (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:coldfusion.runtime.ApplicationScopeTracker;java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:coldfusion.runtime.ApplicationScopeTracker not found by lucee.core [64];)

I'm trying to find the Lucee alternative but it is proving tricky - would anyone be able to shed some kind of light on this?

Also - on our CF application we define a

Joseph Gooch

Feb 10, 2017, 8:12:08 AM2/10/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I think you'll need to provide some more details.

ApplicationScopeTracker is an internal ACF class. (undocumented, unsupported access)  To provide alternatives we'd need to know what you're trying to do, and why.  Access variables from other application scopes? (in which case, you're breaking encapsulation. But I've done it)  List all applications on the server? (again, why?)

Similarly, Coldfusion Class Path would add java libraries to the mix... what libraries? For what purpose?

Application.cfc provides ways to add java libraries, as does Javaloader, as does adding the libraries to the WEB-INF/lib folder, or the more complicated solution of making OSGi bundles. It all depends on what you need the library for, where you're accessing it, etc.

Joe

Chris Young

Feb 10, 2017, 8:54:28 AM2/10/17
to Lucee
Thanks for responding Joe,

This is more legacy code - and IMO a bad approach - but there isn't scope to change it if needed. We are using the ApplicationScopeTracker (and the session tracker) to grab the application variables and session collections from an admin app that runs with our website. Essentially they need to run alongside each other.

For the class paths - our CMS comes with a number of different classes so these need to be included.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 5:35 AM, Chris Young <chyoun...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi There,

I currently trying to move a CF application over to Lucee, however I am getting the following error:

cannot load class through its string name, because no definition for the class with the specified name [coldfusion.runtime.ApplicationScopeTracker] could be found caused by (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:coldfusion.runtime.ApplicationScopeTracker;java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:coldfusion.runtime.ApplicationScopeTracker not found by lucee.core [64];)

I'm trying to find the Lucee alternative but it is proving tricky - would anyone be able to shed some kind of light on this?

Also - on our CF application we define a

Mark Drew

Feb 10, 2017, 8:57:00 AM2/10/17
to lucee
The application scope tracker is not available (AFAIK) but I can see there is a SessionTracker:

What do you need to get from the ApplicationScopeTracker?

MD

Joseph Gooch

Feb 10, 2017, 5:12:01 PM2/10/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I mean, as long as you know it's bad...

<cfset factory = getPageContext().getCFMLFactory() />
<cfdump var="#factory.getScopeContext().getAllApplicationScopes()#" />
<cfdump var="#factory.getScopeContext()#" />

There's a bunch of Session scope stuff in there too.  (getAllSessionScopes, getAllCFSessionScopes)

Have fun.
-G

Joseph Gooch

Feb 10, 2017, 5:14:39 PM2/10/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Joseph Gooch

Feb 10, 2017, 5:17:22 PM2/10/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Also note I tested this against Lucee 5. (You didn't specify a Lucee version)
-G