Plesk 12 (Windows) with Lucee

KKick

Jul 11, 2015, 4:13:22 AM7/11/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to get Lucee working with Plesk and I am at complete standstill. Can anyone walk me through getting Plesk to recognize Lucee and Tomcat?

Many thanks,
Kris

Marcel Dix

Jul 12, 2015, 5:02:08 PM7/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I know you can switch on Tomcat in Plesk, but I think you're better of by installing Lucee with its own Tomcat instance.
So that means not using the Plesk Tomcat at all. Plesk has its own way of doing stuff, and after an update of Plesk, you might find that your configuration is messed up.

For running the sites, that you've setup in Plesk, with CFML you may just add the extra Apache configuration  (called "Additional directives for HTTP" under "Web Server settings") per website.
<IfModule mod_proxy.c>

<Proxy *>
        Allow from 127.0.0.1

</Proxy>
    ProxyPreserveHost On
    ProxyPassMatch ^/(.+\.cf[cm])(/.*)?$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/$1$2
    ProxyPassMatch ^/(.+\.cfchart)(/.*)?$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/$1$2
    ProxyPassMatch ^/(.+\.cfml)(/.*)?$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/$1$2
    ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8888/
</IfModule>

PerlRequire /opt/lucee/tomcat_connectors/mod_cfml/mod_cfml.pm
PerlHeaderParserHandler mod_cfml
PerlSetVar LogHeaders false
PerlSetVar LogHandlers false
PerlSetVar CFMLHandlers ".cfm .cfc .cfml"

If it would have been Linux you would also need to add lucee to the plesk group that has created the directory of your site (lucee needs write access to create the WEB-INF folder).

This is how I managed to get it running without a problem.

Marcel Dix

Jul 12, 2015, 5:04:10 PM7/12/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Note that my example is based on Linux, but I bet that Windows would be very simular.

Michael Brougham

Oct 5, 2015, 1:41:21 AM10/5/15
to Lucee
Hey Marcel.. I have Plesk on Centos sever can I pay you to install Lucee or Railo?

Thanks!

Michael

Chris H

Oct 5, 2015, 4:32:08 AM10/5/15
to Lucee
I don't think you can get Plesk to recognize Lucee, only Adobe ColdFusion.

Like Marcel said: Just install Lucee running in its own Tomcat instance, then add mod_cfml where you need it (globally for every client/vhost or for each individually).
mod_cfml handles the connection automatically, so there's nothing you have to do except set a password for the Lucee admin.